Chapter Twenty-Three

I'm still getting ready when I hear the front door open and voices erupt. I finish up and head downstairs and see Tommy talking to Arthur and a blonde women.

   "Hello Arthur!" I say giving him a hug.

   "Hello sister! I have someone I'd like you to meet, this is Linda," he says.

   "Hello Linda, it's lovely to meet you!" I say shaking her hand.

   "It's lovely to meet you too Ivy, you and Thomas have a lovely home," she says with a big smile.

   "Thank you Linda!" I say giving her a smile.

   The door opens again and in walks Polly and Michael. I'm very surprised to see them because Tommy said when he asked her to come she didn't respond.

   "Hello Pol!" I say going to give her a hug.

   "Hello Ivy dear," she says hugging me back, when we pull apart she looks at Tommy and says, "hello Thomas, you have a lovely home."

   "Thank you Polly, we're happy you made it, you too Michael," Tommy says nodding at Polly and shaking Michaels hand.

   "Drinks are ready for the guests in the living room sir," Frances our housekeeper says coming into the foyer.

   "Thank you Frances, can you show our guests to the living room while Ivy and I wait for the rest to arrive," Tommy says.

   "Yes sir, follow me please," she says waiting for the others to follow.

    They follow Frances and Tommy and I are finally alone for a bit.

   "You look lovely sweetheart," he says looking me up and down and giving me a kiss.

   "Thank you Tommy, you look amazing too," I say smiling at him.

   "What do you think about Linda," he asks.

   "She seems great for Arthur, when did they meet?" I ask knowing Tommy knows all about them.

   "A few weeks ago, she passed all my background checks so we'll see how they last," Tommy says blankly.

   "I hope they last he needs something good in his life," I say smiling. "I'm so happy Polly and Michael are here."

   "I'm surprised she showed," he says with a sigh.

   "Family always shows up Tommy, she'll always show up," I say reassuring him.

   After a few more minutes there's a knock at the door. Tommy opens it and my parents, John, Esme, and the kids walk in.

   "Welcome everyone!" I say going to hug my mum then head over to hug Esme.

    "What a lovely place you have here honey," my mum says looking very happy.

   "Thank you mum, Tommy picked a good one," I say laughing.

   "Can wait to get the tour later," Esme says looking around the foyer with wide eyes.

   "There's drinks in the living room, Polly, Michael, and Arthur are in there if you all want to join," Tommy says pointing towards the direction of the living room.

   "Oh! Kids you can ask Frances where the backyard is so you all can go play, she'll be in the living room,"
I say smiling at them and they all run towards the living room.

   "I can't wait until this one is running throughout the house," Tommy says putting a hand on my stomach.

   "Me too Tommy," I say smiling so big.