Raevena The Vengeful.

Start from the beginning

Alyssa giggled beside me and my mother laughed and smiling as she looked between us. "One day, girls. Everything will change and the best thing that we can hope to do is change with it, for the better."

My lips cubed slightly as I stared down my others hand in mine.
What if I didn't want change? It won't kill me to not want it. It's the change that will kill me.

My felt sick to my stomach as I thought about the future. The lord that my father would marry me off to. The children that will be demanded of me, the loveless marriage that would consume me.

I was snapped out of my train of thought by Alyssa's voice.

"I'll go now father will be waiting. It's my duty to be a cupbearer after all." I said the last part bitterly.

I kissed my mother's hand and squeezed Alyssa's, and as I turned on my heels to walk out I could feel their concerned eyedon my back.

I nod towards the guards who opened the doors for me in thanks. I  walk over to my father and pat shoulder endearingly. Left to me I wouldn't even touch him.

"Father." I owed to him graciously, then turned to the rest of the lords. "My lords."

As Otto Hightower cold eyes catch mine I stare back in defiance and turn away only when my father takes my left hand. Making my annoyances towards the lord known to all.

"My dear, Rhaenyra has already poured the wine. But Lord Corlys was speaking about the wars that go on in the Realm."

I nod and walked behind Otto so that I was standing in the empty space of the table closer to Lord Corlys. "Why tell me this father?"

"You are to be your brothers Hand when he becomes King."

My head snapped in Rhaenyra's direction to gauge her reaction. V
But shehad a proud smile on her face. I found this unfair seeing as Rhae was born first. And it seemed that I wasn't the only person who was annoyed about the arrangement.

Ottcunt- I mean Otto Hightower cleared his throat.

And opened up the door to my attacks. "Do you need so more wine, Lord Hightower. Your throat seems to have gone dry. A little bit of wine can help that."

I walked over into the refreshments and picked up the pitcher. Walking over to him I - without a care - poured wine into the cup.

I shot me a dismissive look and I smirked at him and looked down at his cup." Father, Lord Hightower refuses your wine. He must think of Hightowers better than your own."I turned to father with my brows raised." Such a shame, such blantant disrespect to our King. "

Otto looked scandalized and Lord Corlys his his smirk behind his hand. Lord Strong looked towards my father for an answer. The master looked unamused by the situation, the old cunt loving shrivele ducked worm that he is. I forgot the rest of the people.

My sister smirked behind the parchment paper in her hand.

My father looked at me then at Otto and smiled. "Come on Otto, drink you our King, the wine is as fine if not better than Hightowers."

Otto bristles but picked up the cup, not before throwing a look my way. I turned my head to the side to roll my eyes and looked back at my father. I planned to leave no man spared.

" Father I do not ever recall you tasting Hightower wine. " I said with wide eyes. The taste of.... Revenge heavy on my tongue. "Though that must have been years ago, in the ancient time of King Jaecaerys reign."

Otto snorted on his wine and began to cough trying to ease his pain.

"My lord!" I feigned concern. Smirking devilishly in my head. If only head choked on it and died. No more manipulation and mind games.

I had to stop myself from laughing as I returned to the refreshment table and put down the jar, now that is how you successfully avoid your father's wrath. By praying on the devious vultures of his council. Save Lord Valeryon . He was always my favorite.

Otto Hightower cleared his throat firmly and turned to wards my father."I suppose your grace would like to announce the heirs celebrations."

Heirs celebrations. I almost rolled my eyes. My sister knows me well because she turned me to face the wall as the men continued to speak.

"I would be delighted." My father smiled at the men around the table. I ignored a fixed stance and leaned against the refreshment table with my arms crossed as I waited for my father to speak.

"Will the maesters name day prediction hold my, Mellos?" father asked the Head maester.

"You must understand that these things are mere estimations, my king. But we have all been poring over moon charts, and we feel that our forecast is as accurate as it can be."

I nod in agreement as the master gives his hand evaluation. Makes since, but my father was never one for sense was he? Hell probably have something nasty to say.

Lord Beesbury sighed ."The cost of the tournament is negligible."

How is it not?

I tried to hold my tongue,  but to listen to men with power flaunt their power without an a tie thought process was torture to even the most thin tongued women. "It is." I relayed firmly.

All eyes turned to me and I did not falter when the likes of men looked upon me. Lord Corlys raised his chin and I nod, following his reminder. "It is when you plan events of such importance and influence, you must look towards the future as well. The tournament is only a temporary weekly event, but the damage that will be done to Iron Bank will be permanent."

Rhaenyra shifted closer to me as I looked around the room and I almost smiled when I saw my father's proud eyes.

" I agree with the future Hand of the King. " Lord Corlys said with a not so subtle smirk.

Before my father could speak Lord Beesbury did. "Princess, the cost of the events will be taken care of, you should worry about your own duty."

I smirked smugly as my intent to damage his ego had taken seed and rooted. "Yes, Lord Beesbury. Don't let me correct you on how to do your job. The money isn't coming out of your pocket, it's coming from the Ironbanks and I do recall that you are not the Master of coin Lord Corlys is, yet you make your own evaluation."

I tilted my head to the side in question.

Stroke your ego somewhere else you old bat.

My father laughed and clapped like and entertained child." Your input in this situation has helped me clear my mind daughter you are free to leave. "

You smiled and kissed my father's cheek. At least he knows me well enough to know when I want to  escape a situation.

......... The story is coming together nicely, don't worry we'll be meeting Aemond soon. Marrying him too. I already have the children names ready.