Alyssvena

Introducing our temperart love interest in this chapter.
This story is already pulling at my heart strings and I haven't even reached chapter ten yet😭

Further on to our story.

Italics for Valyrian

..............,.,👑...........,.,.

As the first century of Targaryen dynasty came to an close. The health of the Old King Jaehaerys , was failing.

In those days house Targaryen stood at the height of it's strength with ten adult dragons uñder it's yuke
No power in the world could stand against it.

King Jaehaerys reigned for over 60 years of peace and prosperity. But tragedy had claimed both his son's,leaving his succession in doubt, so in the year 101, The Old King called a great council to choose an heir , over a thousand lords made the journey to Harrenhal. Fourteen successions were heard only two wer truly considered. Princess Rhaenys Targaryen the King's eldest female descendant, and her cousin Prince Visers Targaryen the King's eldest male descendant.

Princess Rhaenys a woman would not inherit the throne Prince Viserys did, my father.

Jaehaerys brought a council so that there would be no war over succession
For he knew the cold truth. The only thing that could tear down The House Of The Dragon.......was itself.

It Is Now The Ninth Year Of My Father King Viserys | Targaryens Reign.

172 years before the birth of my last blood ,Daenerys Targaryen.

Vanaheim flew over Syrax as my sister and I raced towards Kingslanding. I grinned as Vana swooped over the houses of the city below us.Vanaheim sped up past Syrax and stopped mid air over the dragon pit. He flapped his mighty wings as he lowered to the ground , dust flying as his powerful legs hit the ground.

I smiled at Rhaenyra when Syrax landed next to us. Both dragons roared in unison as the dragon keepers walked forward with their sticks to herd them into the pit.

"Dohaera Vanaheim, Syrax." A keeper said calmly in High Valyrian.

Agreeing with him I pat Vanaheims neck as I slide off of his back with grace . We rode with no saddle. Putting a saddle on a dragon is like putting a collar on a person ,thus making them a slave. Both are equally repulsing.

"Lykiri Vanaheim. Daor kostilus." Calm down Vanaheim. Please thank you.

Vanaheim turned to nudged my head with his snout .He huffs when I push him away playfully his eyes bright with amusion.

I turn my back to him and he roars indignantly, but follows as the keepers instruct. I wave at Ser Harrold as he greets us. "Welcome back , princesses."

"Try not to sound to relieved, ser." Rhaenyra said as we passed the knight on horse back.

"I am relieved," he said ,"Every time those golden and black beasts bring you back unspoiled it saves my head from a spike."

I turned so that I was walking backwards as I addressed my sister's sworn protector. "That will not happen , ser. You are one of the many people that I can actually tolerate by far. " I winked playfully at the knight, who's lips curved I to a smile.