Day 4 [cooking together]

Start from the beginning

"Damn," Niko whispered silently. Maybe it was a good thing he handled the eggs.

Aj sat down on the floor, staring at the ceiling. "I actually need a moment. I just saw my life flash before my eyes."

Niko grinned while starting to fish the yolks out. Realising he had forgotten to get a bowl for them to put into, he collected them in his hands, fishing one after the other out with one hand and transferring them into the other.

After he had three in his left hand and the last one in his right hand, he turned to Aj on the floor. "Did you see me in your future at all?", he asked jokingly, not expecting his boyfriend to answer besides with an eye roll.

"Course. I saw us walking together in the park all old n shit. Looked really nice actually, growing old with you." Aj smiled up at him all lovey-dovey, and Niko's heart skipped a beat.

"Aww Aj, you looveee me!" He brought both hands up to press against his cheeks in cuteness overload.

The second his hands made contact with his face, he heard Aj breaking out in laughter and simultaneously felt the egg yolks dripping down his face.

"Oh my days! I can't believe that just happened!" Aj was basically rolling on the floor at this point. Niko stared in disbelief down at his hands before letting himself drop to the floor as well, smearing his gooey hands on Aj's apron and face.

Aj screeched in outrage and scooted back from his boyfriend, quickly getting back on his feet.

"I tell you I wanna be with you forever and this is how you thank me!" He looked back down on Niko, moving closer to the bowl of flour.

"You've lost your whole mind! Don't think I won't be using that in my defence!" He grabbed the bowl and help it protectively against his chest.

Niko held his hands up in surrender, "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I just wanted to share my experience with the man I love!"

"Yeah, love confessions won't help you now, you schmuck!" Aj moved over to the recipe to read the next step. "Stand up and beat your egg whites, I need to put the flour in after."

"Alright, alright, calm yourself, you little dictator." Niko grinned and got off the floor, taking the flour covered whisk and started beating the eggs.

"First of all, who you calling little you giraffe? And secondly I think you meant dick-tator." Aj stepped next to Niko, peeking down at the eggs being whisked before smugly looking up at his boyfriend.

Niko snorted, "Yeah, good one. Go get the sugar for me, will you?"

"Who's the dick-tator now, I ask myself" Aj mumbled, turning to get the sugar from the cabinet next to the stove. Before he was able to walk two steps, Niko had slapped his butt as he walked away.

Faking a gasp, he clutched the invisible pearls at his collarbone. "Nikolas Omilana! You dirty boy!"

"Cuz of the slapping or because there's an eggyolk imprint of my hand on your butt now?" Niko grinned down at his bowl, trying to keep his laughter down.

"I swear it's impossible with you." Aj laughed, shaking his head in amusement.

Niko bumped his hip against Aj in affection and moved the whisk to the side a bit to indicate Aj could start pouring the sugar in.

After the eggwhites looked somewhat stable, Niko shut off the whisk, and Aj stepped in his place to carefully mix the flour and egg mixture together.

"This is actually working great, I bet they'll come out perfect!" Aj grinned up at Niko excitedly, who leaned down and pressed a kiss to Aj's forehead.

Aj groaned, "You still have egg all over your face, stop trying to find ways to get me dirtier then I already am!"

"Me? Trying to get you dirty? What an outrageous idea!" Niko looked at Aj fake offended. "Of course, if you were to punish me by making me wash you in the shower after this, I wouldn't have any other option but to agree, but I would never get you to that stage on purpose, good sir!"

Aj broke out laughing at his boyfriends antics. "Get me a baking tray, you idiot."

Niko bowed extravagantly, and got a lined baking tray and two spoons.

"We don't have a piping bag, but this will probably do." He held up the spoons and handed Aj one.

Together they began forming little globs with the batter, until the bowl was empty and the macarons looked somewhat even.

After they were done, Niko walked with the tray to the oven and put them in.

"Oh shit we forgot to preheat!" Aj exclaimed.

Niko switched the oven on regardless, "I reckon it's fine, we'll just keep it in for a bit longer."

Aj shrugged in agreement, moving back over to the counter space. "What are we gonna do while it bakes?"

"Well..", Niko moved closer to his boyfriend placing his hands on his waist. "We could either clean up," he lifted Aj up on the counter and stepped between his legs, laughing softly at the surprised noise his boyfriend made, "or, we could.." Niko trailed off, leaning closer to Aj's face, breath ghosting over his lips.

"Yeah," Aj breathed out, "let's do that."

~ the end

[1521 words]

[The macarons burn cuz they were kissing and Aj does make Niko take a shower with him, in case anyone was wondering. They give the macarons as gifts to the rest of the beta boys and get banned from their own kitchen for it.]

[This was slightly longer, very proud lol. Also I know the prompt says cooking, and technically they were baking, but if u have a problem with it shush. Artistically freedom and whatnot. Also, no, you can't substitute normal flour, cream of tatar is kinda important and why would you even try whisking flour by anything else but hand??]