034

"Sorry," Soobin mumbles somewhere against Yeonjun's collarbone, and Yeonjun has to laugh. It's a throaty sound, voice rough but Soobin doesn't sound much better when he joins him. His voice squeaks and cracks but Soobin finds that it lets the sunshine peak through, lets the warmth seep in. They're sticky both with sweat, and it's much too hot in the room, but he doesn't have it in him to care, to let Yeonjun go just yet, so instead he wraps him up in his arms and holds him where he is resting against Soobin's chest.

"Mhh. This is nice," Yeonjun says quietly, his nose burrowing into Soobin's neck where he places a soft kiss against his skin. "We should probably get cleaned up though."

"I don't wanna move."

Yeonjun pushes back up on his hands, stares at him curiously.

"What?"

"I mean... if you want to, I could just... you know."

"Magic us clean?"

"Yeah."

"What, are you for real? Are there spellbooks for that?"

"Soob," Yeonjun groans and lets his forehead drop against Soobin's chest who can't stop laughing.

"I'm curious, what's it called? 101 ways to clean your magic wand?"

"Oh my god, you're the worst," Yeonjun says and pushes away from him until he lands flat on his back next to Soobin. And yet, he can't entirely suppress the giggle that's fighting its way up his throat. "Watch me never do anything nice for you ever again."

"Okay but all jokes aside, can you? This is getting kind of uncomfortable."

Yeonjun twists his head towards him, his smile a lot softer now. "Yeah sure. This might tingle a little."

He twirls his hand around in ways that look too complicated to Soobin, but just as promised there's a tingle washing down his body, and suddenly he's clean. He lifts his head up to stare at his chest looks over at Yeonjun and huffs.

"Convenient."

It earns him another burst of laughter, which in turn makes a smile pull at his own lips, and his hands scatter across the sheets until he finds Yeonjun's arm. He gives it a weak tug, whines a little. "Now come back."

He must admit it's a lot nicer this time when Yeonjun rolls over against his side, rests his head against his chest, and slings his leg over Soobin's without the added stickiness to it. He wraps his arm around Yeonjun's shoulders to hold him right there, lets Yeonjun play with the fingers of his other hand as they both wait for their heartbeats and breathing to slow down.

Neither of them say anything for a while, content in the moment. They're safe in this small bubble of warmth that has nothing to do with the summer heat, a magic world of their own. Soobin lets his eyes wander across the room, the only light coming from the moon outside and the small lamp sitting on Yeonjun's bedside table. It is just enough light to see, casting everything in a golden glow.

Still, that doesn't explain why the curtains in front of Yeonjun's window suddenly shimmer green. And Soobin could have sworn that the plant in the corner of the room had not been blooming earlier that night. It throws him off, makes him feel like he's seeing things and he spends a good ten minutes trying to figure out if he has actually lost his mind.

"Hey, Yeonjun?" he asks when he can no longer stand it.

"Hm?"

"Have your curtains always been green? I could swear they were purple before, and that flower over there, I don't think I've seen it bloom before."