A New Year, New Encounters

Start from the beginning

Sombra rose, turning to face the princesses, unsurprised by the intervention, unlike Amore, who looked at them with a mixture of relief and concern.

Without breaking eye contact with Sombra, Celestia addressed her younger sister firmly - Luna, get Amore out of here.

Luna, with a determined expression, ran towards Amore and removed her from the scene. They disappeared through the doors, leaving behind an even tenser atmosphere in the room.

Celestia lowered the hand emitting light and raised the other with the sword. She held her sword with a warning posture as she stared at Sombra. Eyes once gentle and happy, adorned with shades of pink and purple, were now filled with tears of hatred and betrayal. She struggled to conceal any trace of vulnerability, standing firm before the king of shadows.

Sombra adjusted from the fall, displaying a provocative smile.

- I thought you wouldn't come anymore... Princess...

Celestia abruptly woke in her bed, startled. Sweat dripping down her body, her breathing rapid. Closing her eyes tightly, she tried to regain her composure. She was safe in her room bathed in the gentle morning light streaming through the window, the light breeze swaying the thin white curtains.

Breathing deeply, Celestia struggled to push away the disturbing memories of her past. As her breathing returned to normal rhythm, she turned to the window, contemplating the new day with a sigh. Running her hands over her face, the queen sought strength within herself to face another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summer 3091, 20 years later

The sun, later in the day, poured its golden light over the green hills and modest houses of Ponville, painting a magnificent picture of the summer weather enveloping the town. Inside the train snaking through all of Equestria, a young girl with dark black skin, hair as straight as the night, dyed dark blue, came to life with two bold streaks: one pink and the other purple, gazed out the window at the landscape with fascination.

This girl was Twilight Sparkle, and she was for the first time (or at least that's what she remembers) in Equestrian territory, absorbing every detail of what she saw. Twilight didn't have many memories of her childhood, everything she remembered was blurry and gave her headaches. She knew for certain that she was found at the age of 11 by her guardian, a charismatic stranger named Discord, and had grown up with him on the deserted islands of Evenchain, located in the kingdom of Zebradwe, a neighboring kingdom of Equestria for the last six years.

Now, on her way to Ponville, every aspect of the journey intrigued the young girl: the humid and warm weather, the vegetation full of green forests and flowery fields, the people with clothes and customs different from what she was accustomed to. With the train pulling into the station, Twilight sighed and turned to her younger brother, who was sleeping peacefully on the seat beside her.

- Spike, time to wake up, sleepyhead. We're almost there!

Spike woke up with a grunt, stretching his arms in a yawn - That was fast...

The two siblings disembarked from the train, carrying their suitcases. The normally quiet Ponville train station was now bustling with people, mainly students with their families coming from all over to study at the renowned Encantia Academy, the largest school in Equestria. Known not only for being the best institution for the study of magical abilities but also for offering a variety of extracurricular activities, and Enchantia was the only school to accept creatures from all kingdoms without distinction.