"Thank you, Sheldon," Elena said, as she grabbed her belongings from Sheldon's hands. She noticed the blank stare he had prior to thanking him, she can tell he was lost in thought.

The two have been through quite a lot, and Elena felt she had dragged him into this situation. He was a kind, caring person who had helped Elena since Day 1 of starting at Caltech, who would have known he would stop her assault and earning his own assault at the same time. She grew worried that this incident would affect their relationship somehow.

Elena dropped her bags inside her apartment, turning on the lights and turned around to face Sheldon. She looked up at him, looking him in the eyes. She felt this indescribable feeling inside. She felt as if this goodbye was different. Perhaps almost difficult to say goodbye. She knew this was theatrics at play, but...she didn't want him to leave.

She cleared her throat, slightly wincing at the soreness, and looking away from him.

I'm making this awkward.

Sheldon's eyes stared down at her bruises, seeing the one on her cheek, and then the ones on her neck, seeing the formation of a hand on her. The guilt grew.

"We look as if we got in a cantina fight, don't we?" Elena commented, cringing at herself.

"Why yes...unfortunately."

How hard could that imbecile be applying pressure on her neck? How could he ever hurt someone like Elena?

He was lost in thought again. Elena ripped him from his train of thought, "Sheldon...I feel like you have been such an amazing friend. You have done so much for me since I've met you, from taking time to make sure I eat during work to...saving me yesterday. You are my hero."

She smiled softly at him, the two dimples on her cheeks flashing at Sheldon.

"Can...can I hug you?"

He felt as if he was going to burst.

He nodded, the theory in his mind that if she hugged him, then he might be able to calm down just like the last time they hugged.

When she wrapped her arms around him, feeling her head against his chest, Sheldon's breathing hitched. He stepped backwards away from her, "I can't."

Elena was left standing in confusion and worry, "What?"

"I can't. Elena, I am no hero. You and I both know what a hero is, and I am not that."

Sheldon then sped walked down the hallway away from Elena, making his way towards the elevators.

"Sheldon?!" Elena called after him, her voice cracking from raising it. She then began to jog after him.

She caught up to Sheldon, seeing the tall man wait in front of the doors looking straight forward with his arms crossed. She ran up to him, looking up at his face, his eyes trying to avoid her, "Sheldon, please don't leave yet. I apologize for calling you a hero."

Elena didn't understand why she was apologizing for calling him a hero. To her, that is what he is. But she was completely lost at what is happening. If he was offended at that, then she will apologize and will never call him that again. Sheldon glanced at her, "Don't apologize."

"I don't understand, Sheldon," Elena said. The worry of losing her relationship with Sheldon was growing faster, it seemed as if she was losing grasp of it.

The ding of the elevator caused her heart to fall down to her stomach. The doors opened and Sheldon entered into the elevator. Elena pressed her hands on the elevator doors to prevent them from closing, "I'm sorry, Sheldon. I shouldn't have dragged you into this mess. I should have never met that man, I should have just stayed home that night. I would choose that path if it would mean you would be okay and never have to step in to stop him."