IV

Trigger Warning: assault, sexual assault.
I will use this "**" to warn of what's to come.
____________________

On this Spring day, the weather was cool and with a slight wind. Flowers were blooming making the outside seem bright. Elena wore a soft blue cashmere sweater with a long white skirt, and her hair done in Dutch braids. As she made her way to her office, a grin flashed onto her features when she saw Sheldon standing at her door.

"Hello, Sheldon!" Elena greeted. "How are you today?"

Sheldon nodded, "I am good, thanks for asking. I see that you are five minutes late."

Sheldon moved aside as Elena went to unlock her office, "Ay, Sheldon. If there is one thing you must take note of me, is that I am always late. But, never too late."

"Well, that is not a good thing. It's a character flaw and that can deem you irresponsible."

Elena rolled her eyes, but sighed as he is correct. It is a bad flaw of hers, "I must admit it is my flaw. I will try to get here on time."

Elena opened the door to her office and let Sheldon in. He sat down on one of her chairs, "Do or do not, there is no try."

As Elena was putting her things aside, she paused as Sheldon said that. She slowly turned around to look at him, "Did you just... reference Master Yoda to me? In my own office?"

"Yes because I believe that you need that kind of discipline, so it should motivate you."

Elena laughed, "The audacity! Just you wait, Dr. Cooper. I will catch you at your most vulnerable."

Sheldon scoffed and shook his head, "Good luck with that, not even a world renowned assassin can catch me at my most vulnerable."

Elena smiled at him and frowned when her eyes landed on her whiteboard that contained her dreaded theory. This research of hers is becoming an anchor on her shoulders.

She shook her head as she started up her desktop.

Sheldon eventually glanced at Elena's work on her long whiteboard and observed the different marker stains on it. He can tell she has erased and erased on the whiteboard excessively.

"If I may, I notice that your whiteboard has been through a lot of erasing," Sheldon pointed out, staring back at Elena.

Elena blinked, "It's just my work."

Sheldon nodded. The subject came to a screeching halt at that point.

"Tell me about your family, Sheldon, as my desktop slowly gets started."

Sheldon curled his lips and groaned, "Well, I have a twin sister named Missy, and an older brother named George Jr.. Then, there's my mother Mary and my father George. My father passed away when I was 14. There's also MeeMaw."

Elena frowned, "Oh no, I'm so sorry about your father."

"It happened a long time ago, and death is a natural way of life. It is inevitable after all."

Elena blinked. It was way too early in the morning to speak of death. At this point, after having many conversations with Sheldon, it's become normal for her now at how in depth their conversations go. Her eyes gazed to his hand that was resting on her desk.

"Do you miss your father?" Elena questioned.

"I do. It would have been nice to show him my accomplishments," answered Sheldon. He stared off into space for a second. He felt like his mind blanked at the mention of his father. Elena noticed this and reached for his hand, causing his heart to jump and immediately look at Elena and was about to begin scolding her. But, he couldn't. Her eyebrows were raised sentimentally and her brown eyes were warm. It was almost as if this gesture actually comforted him.