𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

Start from the beginning

With frantic eyes, Hyejin quickly pulled out her phone, searching for the nearest garage. "Get out."

"Mr. Kang, be quiet." She said quietly, eyes relaxing when she found that there was one less than two minutes away.

"Hyejin." He said in a shaky warning tone, avoiding eye contact. "I forgot that I have an important meeting here today. I need you to go back to Seoul by yourself."

"Taemoo-"

"Didn't you hear me?" He yelled, his grip on the steering wheel becoming unbearably tighter. Instead of feeling the expected pressure in her chest at his tone, Hyejin's eyes softened at the panicked rising and falling of his chest. Placing the bouquet in her lap in the back seat, she promptly got out, getting drenched as soon as she did. Quickly making her way to the driver's side, she opened the door, ignoring the water dripping into her eyelashes and the hair sticking to her face.

"I know it's scary, I know it is." She said slowly, bending down so she's at eye level with him seated. Untangling his tight grip from the steering wheel, she placed his hand on her heart, ignoring the way his red rimmed eyes snapped to her gaze. "It's okay. Breathe with me." Taking a slow breath in, she watched as his blinking sped up despite his breathing regulating the slightest.

Without any more protest, Taemoo slid himself over the console and wrapped his arms around himself just as Hyejin quickly sat in his seat. "It's okay, it's okay. You're fine, Taemoo." She said softly, ignoring her slowed heart rate becoming frantic as she watched the usually stoic man stare out the window with bloodshot eyes, hands not knowing where to go as he gasped a few breaths in.

Pulling into the empty garage, Hyejin parked away from the entrance before turning to the man beside her only to see him already looking at her. "Hyejin, go." He mumbled hoarsely, his heartbeat relaxing at the loss of the sound of rain hitting his car, although this mind was still foggy.

"No." She shook her head, not breaking eye contact with him as she gently rubbed his arm. "I'm not leaving you alone."

✧༺♥༻✧

Walking past the large white double doors, Hyejin and Taemoo both smiled apologetically at the doorman as they dripped water into the pristine hotel. "Hello." They both bowed politely to one of the three women in uniform behind the long desk. "Are there any rooms available tonight?"

"One moment please." She smiled at them before tapping away on her keyboard. "Oh! Just your luck, there's one room left. It's a single suite."

Glancing at each other, the two awkwardly pursed their lips. "You mean there's only one bed?" Hyejin asked, eyebrows raising in hope.

"Yeah. You two are a couple, correct?" She smiled politely, looking between them.

"Yeah, we are. One bed is fine." Taemoo cleared his throat. Once the employee handed him their key card, he turned towards the women besides him. "I'm going to make a few calls." He explained before giving her a polite nod and walking away.

Slumping over the reception desk, Hyejin dropped her head into her arms at the events of that day. Taemoo did one of the most romantic things anyone has ever done for her, she accepted her feelings for him, she saw him at his most vulnerable state and refused to leave. Now things are awkward and all she wants to do is call the answer to all of her problems, Yeonmi.

"Oh, Hyejin?" Hyejin jumped, head snapping up as her posture went straight.

Turning with wide eyes, said girl's eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the sight of Hari, Yoora, Jimin, and Dahye. "Um, hey guys." She smiled tightly at them, giving Hari a pointed look as they walked towards her. "Aren't you four supposed to be in Busan?"

"Minwoo's filming here instead. Didn't you open the group chat?" Yoora explained, only for her to shake her head.

"You also said you were supposed to be in Paris, right now. Why are you here instead and soaking wet?" Jimin asked, looking at the girl in brown with pity.

"Did you decide to skip fashion week to be here with your boyfriend?" Dahye said excitedly, not giving her an opportunity to reply. "Come on, no need to play shy between friends. Since we've met like this, let us see your handsome boyfriend."

"Why don't we just leave them alone?" Hari chuckled nervously. "It looks like they just got here and-"

"No, no, let us meet him, Hyejin!" Yoora quickly interrupted, not noticing the way the two girls looked at each other.

"I'm sorry guys, he just stepped away to make a few calls." She forced an apologetic smile onto her face which faltered when she glanced behind Yoora and saw Taemoo making his way to them. The girls, excluding hair, turned to see what caught her attention and their eyes widened. "Oh, here he comes."

"Were you waiting long?" Taemoo smiled softly at her, one hand making its way around her waist, the other tucking her bangs behind her ear.

Blinking slowly at the sight of him so close, Hyejin shook her head before smiling up at him, ignoring how aware she was of her waist and her bangs. "Not at all."

"Hyejin-" Yoora called, bringing their attention back to them. "Who is this?"

"Nice to meet you." He nodded, glancing at Yoora before smiling down at a nervous, oblivious Hyejin. "I'm Hyejin's boyfriend."

authors note;
❣️released twice in a week! but I'm so iffy on this chapter, idk how I feel abt it but I'll definitely edit it tmr

we're finally done with episode six, so we're officially half way through. how are we feeling guys? I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, and ideas!

I love you guys, thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed!🫶🏼♥️