𝐄 𝐢 𝐠 𝐡 𝐭

ALISON'S POV:

The sound of my alarm clock made my eyes open wide like cherry pies (Totally not a Lana Del Rey reference).

I grumbled jibberish as I made my way to the bathroom, wishing my day was already over. My appearance in the mirror reflected upon how I truly felt, like shit.

Did I really want to go to school? Of course not. Would I rather stay home and binge watch all the entire ongoing Halloween sequels? Yes. But nope, I have to go to school. Not only that but the amount of work I have piling up makes my brain want to explode.

School here I come..I hope you burn in Satan's ass.

                            .   .   .   .   .   .

I chewed at my finger nails as I stood infront of the school. A piece of dried skin slowly began to strip off the side of my finger due to me chewing at it. But I couldn't care less, my nerves were eating away at me. As people walked passed me they pointed and whispered under their breathe. Glancing at me.

"Wasn't that Trevor Smiths girlfriend? "

"What happened to her?"

"Where has she been?"

She looks awful."

The mention of Trevor's name made my heart ache, we normally met before school at 7:00 AM sharp.

I brushed away my thoughts and glanced around the campus. The sun burned my eyes though, it's too fucking bright outside. I want to be wrapped in a burrito while in my warm bed.

"Oh my God, ALISON IS THAT YOU?" A loud cheery voice flooded my ears.

I turned around to faced with Tatum looking pretty as ever. Her golden hair sat neatly on her shoulders, her makeup lightly done, further enhancing her angelic like features, and her lips were painted a bright cherry red.

She wore a baby pink skirt that was cut mid way of her thigh which was paired with a white cropped top. She slayed if I'm being honest with you. I felt like a bum next to her. I on the other hand wore nothing but raggedy ass looking jeans and an oversized hoodie that had 'Nirvana' printed on it.

Tatum wrapped her arms around me and embraced me in a tight hug.

"I've been worried sick! Why haven't you answered my calls?" Tatum asked as she clung onto me.

"I'm sorry." I muttered softly as I rested my head on her shoulder.

The scent of strawberry bubble gum clung to her.

She broke the hug and took a step back. "Well it's nice to have you back! It's been so boring without you." She said as she placed her hands into Stu's.

Stu let out a gasp, "What about me? Am I boring?"

"Oh shut up you big baby." Tatum said annoyed.

I ignored Stu's presence, only giving him a slight nod as I followed Tatum up the schools steps. As we made our way to the lockers we bumped into Sidney and Billy.

Sidney smiled once she saw me, she immediately walked towards me and engulfed me in a hug.

"I knew you'd come, I just know that you can't live without us." Sindey winked playfully.

Rolling my eyes I grinned softly, "you bet."

"It's nice to have you back Alison." Billy said as he looked at me.

My eyes locked with Billy's, but I immediately glanced the other way, focusing my attention my Sindey.

"You know what? All three of us should have a girls night. With all the shit that's happening, we need a little relaxation."
Tatum said matter-of-factly as she glanced at her perfectly manicured finger nails.

"I'm up for it, what about you Alison?" Sidney asked.

I hesitated for a moment, but nodded my head slightly.

"Great! It's settled then." Tatum said wrapped her arms around Stu.

                            .   .   .   .   .   .

I sat in Tatums bedroom with my legs crossed as I drank a can of coke. Sidney and I sat on the bed. Pizza boxes and soda cans littered the floor. The smell of oily pepperoni pizza swiftly trapped the room with its mouth watering scent.

Glancing at the pizza my mouth watered, my stomach was screaming for food. But the rest of my body looked at the pizza in disgust.

"Are you going to eat Alison?" Sidney asked as she took a bite of her slice of pizza.

The oily crease coated her bottom lip.

"I'll eat a slice later." I mumbled as I held onto one of Tatums stuffed animals tightly.

I play with the bunnies ear, flopping it around my finger.

Sidney nodded her head slightly, obviously seeing through my lie.

"When will Tatum come back?" I asked.

"She should be back any minute now, she needed to run to the store to grab some tampons." Sidney spoke as her eyes stayed on me.

"How are you holding up?" Sindey pushed her pizza aside, scooting closer to me.

"I'm fine."

"Don't give me that. Now, really, how are you?" Sidney held onto my hand.

My breathe stilled, my shoulders becoming heavy, "Horrible." I croaked.

Sidney immediately put her arm around me, "When my mom died I couldn't even function. Every little thing reminded me of her."

"Does it get better?" I asked as I stared into her eyes, hoping for a yes.

"No..it doesn't. You just get more accustomed to it. You get used to not seeing them everyday, you get used to not receiving their hugs, or seeing them smile at you. It almost feels as though they are away at some vaction or something." Sadness laced Sidney's words as she spoke.

"I hate it, I hate how I stand near the phone waiting for him to call me. I hate how I wait for him at his classes when the bell rings. I just hate it so much-" A sob erupted from my throat.

I clung onto Sindey, resting my head on her shoulder. Sidney rubbed my back softly, telling me that it was going to be okay. My tears began to soak Sidney's shirt.

"Trevor would have wanted you to be happy Alison. He would have wanted you to live life to it's fullest. Yes, his passing is horrible. But now he's in a better place. He's looking down at you, guiding you through the ways of life." Sidney's soft voice was hear under my loud sobs.

The door creaked open, both Sidney's and I snapped our heads towards the door. Tatum stood there with a box of Tampax tampons in one hand a whole tub of Rocky Road ice cream in the other.

"What did I miss?" Tatum asked with a mouth full of ice cream.