Chapter 2

Since I left the great hall early last night, I didn't get to figure out who the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor was, but I figured it out today when I walked into class. I looked around the classroom just to see one last open seat. Although I would rather skip this class for the rest of the year then sit in that spot.

Sadly my parents were already angry enough with me as it was so I slowly walk over and sit down next to Draco Fucking Malfoy. I scoot my chair away from him as far as I could get, but these desks seem to be smaller then I remember.

"Great you're one of the few Hufflepuffs in this class." Draco mutters causing me to roll my eyes, and I just decide to ignore his stupid comments.

"Alaster Moody. Ex-Auror...Ministry Malcontent... and your new defense against the dark arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledor asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" Professor Moody asks, but when no hands go up into the air he continues to speak, "When it comes to the dark arts I believe a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

At the question, out of the corner of my eye I noticed Draco's body shift around. I tilt my head slightly to see his uncomfortable look. Despite hating him, I can't help but wonder what was bothering him so much. Sure the unforgivable curses are a horrible topic but why is he acting so weird?

"Three, sir." Hermione, my sister and the perfect golden child (according to my parents), answers as I can't help but move my eyes from the way Draco's arm and hand start to shake slightly.

"And they are so named?" Moody asked turning to the chalk board as I force myself to look away from Draco when he makes eye contact with me.

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will-" My sister starts but was cut off by Moody.

"Will buy you a one way ticket to Azkaban, correct." Moody says writing sloppily across the chalk board, "Now, the Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared. You need to find another place to put your chewing gum beside the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnegan... And hear across classrooms."

I jump slightly as Moody throws a piece of chalk across the classroom. I see a smirk on Draco's face as he notices my jump, so I kick him causing him to wince quietly. We both glare at each other when Moody's talking catches our attention again.

"So which curse shall we see first? Weasley!" Moody says standing in front of Ron and Harry's desk.

"Yes?" Ron asks, sounding completely fearful.

"Stand." Moody demands and Ron slowly does, "Give us a curse."

"Well... my dad did tell me about one... the Imperius Curse." Ron whispers and Draco leans into his chair as if trying to hide from something.

"Oh, yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." Moody explains as he walks back to the front of the classroom and takes what looks to be a spider out of a jar, "Imperio!"

With the movement of Moody's wand the spider jumps to the first desk it can. I frown at the sight of the way the wand controls the spider so easily. Some of the things in the magic world are horrible.

"Don't worry. It's completely harmless." Moody explains as the spider jumps onto Crabbe's head, and then over Ron's head, "If she bites... she's lethal."

Draco and I can't help but start laughing when it lands on Ron's head. But I mean to be fair the whole room was laughing. Although I started laughing even harder when the spider was thrown at Draco's face.

"Get it off!" Draco says turning to me but I just shake my head and start laughing harder as I watch Draco start to freak out.

"Talented isn't she? What should I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?" Moody asked before returning the spider back to his palm as Draco kicks me.

"Ouch!" I whisper as I look over at him, "What was that for?"

"Why didn't you get the spider off my face?" Draco hisses in a whisper as I grin.

"Why would I help you Malfoy?" I ask with a giggle when the shout of my name made me jump, "Yes sir?"

"Up, Miss talkitive." Moody demands and I slowly stand up looking over at Hermione and practically begging for help through my eyes before turning back to Moody, "Professor Sprout tells me you have a love for plants."

"Yes sir..." I whisper too scared to say anything else, or talk any louder.

"Give us a curse." Moody says encouragingly as I start to play with my necklace with my name written in cursive on it.

"The...the Cruciatus Curse." I whisper, looking down at my hand that fiddles with my necklace.

"Correct, correct. Come, come." Moody said as he walks to the front of the classroom and I slowly follow, and I swear I saw Draco sit up with a hint of concern in his face.

I stand at a table where he sets the spider in front of me. My breath becomes slightly heavy as Moody started to talk about how it's a tortures curse. Moody muttered the spell causing me to jump slightly as I watched the spider squeal and move around, it's almost as if I could feel it's pain.

"Please stop." I whisper but he ignores me causing a tear to trickle down my face as I watch the torture of the spider.

"Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering her! Stop it!" Hermione shouted as I can't take my eyes away from the spider

Moody stops torturing the spider and I quickly whip the tear that was rested on my cheek. I just stood there, as Moody walked to my sister's desk with the spider in hand. Torturing the Grangers, that's an amazing way to spend class.

I take a deep breath and walk back to my seat, sitting down as Draco turns his head to me, "Are you okay?"

"Wh...what?" I asked shocked by his question.

"Don't make me ask it again mudblood." I could tell he was trying to sound mean, but the concern in his voice tells me otherwise.

"Yeah I'm fine." I whisper as I start to play with my necklace again, feeling a strange feeling at his concern.