Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2: One Year Later

February 7, 2024.

Priya looked at the date on her phone right as she woke up. It had been a year since one of the most significant days of her life. A day of not only sadness and loss, but also of hope and new life.

February 7th didn't only mark one year since the loss of Nandini but also the Sood House, which burned down in a fire started by Sid Babbar and his goons. It also marked a year since her and Ram's second daughter Prachi was born. And not just that, it marked one year since she and Ram fought death and came out victorious.

It still felt unbelievable to her.

"Good morning, my maharani," Ram sleepily whispered, eliciting a fierce blush on Priya's cheeks.

This also felt unbelievable to her.

Since the accident, Ram had become even more affectionate with Priya, if that was even possible. Additionally, he had immersed himself so much in fatherhood that he tended to all of Prachi's needs if she woke up in the middle of the night, and he also spent as much time as possible with her and Pihu. The accident had made him hyperaware about the finite nature of life, and it had been a wake-up call for him to delegate more office tasks to his friends while he spent more time with his family at home.

"Good morning, Ram."

This felt unbelievable to Ram, even after months. Priya had taken the decision to address him by his first name when they were alone and away from every other soul in the universe. It felt like just yesterday when she purred his name in his ear after a passionate make-out session with him, the same one where he had delicately told her that he wanted to wait to become intimate with her again lest he impede on her recovery.

Ram rolled over, embracing Priya in his arms again. She giggled as she felt his stubble graze her cheeks and then her shoulder as he traced a line of kisses along the way.

"Kya maine tumhe bataaya hain ki tum kitni sundar ho?" He asked in a low tone, his voice still hoarse from deep sleep.

"Yeh toh aap mujhe har roz bataate hain. Kuch naya sochiye," Priya replied, turning over so she was facing him again.

"Jab bhi main aur kehna chahta hoon, tum sharmaa jaati ho. Aise kaise chalega?"

"Phir se koshish kijiye."

"Hmm, okay. Patakha. Bomb. Fuljhadi."

Priya looked at him quizzically. "Kya?"

"Tumhari baat kar raha hoon. Jab main tumhe 'hot' ya 'sexy' bulaata hoon toh tum tamatar jaisi laal ho jaati ho. Toh mujhe laga ki kuch naye compliments try karoon. Aur at least main tumhe KUCH toh bulaata hoon! Maana ki tum practical ladki ho, lekin main bhi tumse kuch aisa sunna chahta hoon."

"Ram, aap toh mujhe jaante hain na. Main...shabdon mein ye sab...nahi keh sakti hoon," Priya mumbled as she rested her face on Ram's chest.

"Dikha ke bataun?" She continued, her hand trailing down from his shoulder to the v-line of his pelvis.

"Erm, abhi nahi," Ram muttered awkwardly, causing Priya to lift her head.

"Mujhe abhi jaana hoga."

"Jaana hoga matlab?"

"Kuch kaam hain, toh mujhe thodi der mein nikalna hoga."

"Ram, aapne toh kaha tha ki aaj aap office nahi jaayenge. Phir?"

"Sorry Priya, kuch important hain. Believe me, main bhi ghar par rehna chahta hoon, lekin..."

"It's ok, main samajh gayi. Lekin party?"

"Don't worry, main jaldi aa jaunga. Dedh ghante ka kaam hain, main jaldi aa jaunga aur phir hum sab kuch set up kar lenge. Is that okay?"

Priya placed a soft kiss on Ram's lips. "Of course, Ram. Ab aap jaiye, main Pihu aur Prachi ko utha deti hoon."