BALH2: An Alternate Ending

After the fire had engulfed the Sood House in flames, Ram and Priya had been rushed to the hospital for urgent treatment. Ram's treatment for smoke inhalation was ongoing, but the efficacy was questionable due to his previous history of asthma. While gaining consciousness, he heard the head gynecologist ask a nurse outside his room to aid in Priya's delivery. Despite warnings from the doctor treating him that he was too weak and unwell to join Priya, Ram demanded that he be let in, not willing to miss out on the birth of his second child.

"Knock knock," Ram said, resting his head on the pillow next to Priya.

"Kya?" Priya asked quizzically.

"Knock... knock."

"Kaun?"

"Pi"

"Pi who?"

"Pi...hu daategi, Miss Sood.

Priya let out a chuckle, tears dripping down her face as she laughed through the pain. Seeing her, Ram also started laughing.

Abhi bhi mere faltu jokes pe hasti hai, he thought, trying to stifle the sob that was building up as he felt it harder to breathe.

"Tissue tissue pe hota hai rone waale ka naam," Ram spoke in a hoarse whisper as he wiped the tears from Priya's face. "Sorry, aaj mere paas tissue nahi hai, meri jaan."

"Mujhe tissue nahi chahiye Mr. Kapoor, mujhe sirf aap chahi... AAH," Priya started before shrieking in pain.

"Priya, ab tumhe push karna hoga. Please stay strong, okay?" The nurse said warmly.

"Mujhse nahi hoga," Priya cried out in response.

"Priya, tumhe ye karna hoga, okay? You have to be strong, main hoon na yaha? Tumhe kuch nahi hoga, tumhara Ram tumhe kuch nahi hone dega," Ram rasped out, gripping Priya's hand with as much strength as he could muster. 

Priya gave him a weak nod and focused all her dwindling energy on pushing. Each time she felt like she could not go any longer, Ram brought her hand up to his lips and placed kisses, and she immediately felt a surge of energy course through her veins.

After a grueling few minutes of pushing, the room was filled with the sounds of a crying baby.

"Mubarak ho, ladki hui hai!" The nurse beamed, placing the baby on Priya's chest.

Ram suddenly found some strength inside him to sit back up fully. He brought up a hand to caress the baby's face, not caring about the gush of tears running down his own.

"Bilkul...tumhari jaisi lag rahi hai. M-meri chhoti Priya," he cooed.

"Nahi, bilkul aapki jaisi, Mr. Kapoor," Priya smiled.

The couple spent a few minutes adoring their newborn before they heard the door open, Pihu rushing into the room with Adi trailing behind her.

"Idhar aao bacche, Prachi se nahi milna hai?" Ram said as he beckoned for Pihu to come closer. The little girl ran towards her parents, a bright smile on her face.

"Wow Papa, yeh toh bohot cute hai!"

"Bilkul aapki Mumma ki tarah."

"Ram, ab tum please chalo aur tumhara treatment kara lo," Adi interjected, "tumhe aaraam karne ki zaroorat hai, tumhari tabiyet abhi bhi theek nahi hai."

"Haan Mr. Kapoor, aap please jaiye. Aapko Daddy Cool banna hai na? Uske liye aapko recover hone ki zaroorat hain. Nahin toh...main aur Pihu dono aapko daatenge."

"Haan haan Papa! Agar aap theek nahi hue toh...toh hum sab aapko daatenge! Main Prachi ko bhi sikhaungi!"

"Khadoos," Ram mumbled before leaning in and shakily placing a kiss on Priya's forehead. 

Adi helped him sit back in his wheelchair before wheeling him back into his room, where the doctors worked tirelessly on his treatment. With the birth of Prachi, Ram had gained strength to miraculously make a full recovery. In her room, Priya too made a full recovery, seeing her little Prachi and Mr. Kapoor defeat the odds.

A week later, Ram and Priya made their way back into the Kapoor Mansion. They were greeted with a large celebration, with all their loved ones happy that they had survived such a brutal attack. Shubham and Sid had been thrown into jail for conspiracy and attempt to murder, along with a dozen other charges for the crimes they committed throughout the years. Nandini had gotten what she deserved: a painful death after years of bad deeds. 

With the external negativity out of their lives, Ram, Priya, Pihu, and Prachi lived happily ever after ❤️

----------

A/N: So, this is going to be a place where I drop all my random OSes (the ones that don't fit my OS series) and story ideas that I want to write but probably won't get the chance to. Starting with this one, because I refuse to accept the last two episodes (especially 377) and will forever believe that Ram and Priya are still alive, they've just faked their deaths because Shashi and Sid are trying to kill them. Why are they absent in the gen leap? Ram and Priya are on a long ass honeymoon around the world. I'm going to live in these delusions and hope you guys will too. 

Also apologies for bad Hindi, tried my best to make the dialogue as grammatically possible as I could. Also, this isn't as edited as my other OSes, so please forgive me if it doesn't seem very polished. Nevertheless, hope you all liked it ❤️