{1}

The worst day of Lucas Rhee's life started off great.

He cooked breakfast for himself, his brother, and his sister-in-law. They shared the meal together and talked about their plans.

Maggie was worried about the Saviors coming back after she and Carol had been taken.

Glenn was worried that Maggie was worried.

Lucas tried to lighten the mood by talking about how he was going to start picking up things on runs for the nursery of Glenn and Maggie's baby. She wasn't even showing a tummy yet and Lucas was preparing the room.

"There's no need in that," Maggie said.

"Come on! This is a big deal. The least we can do is paint the room.. liven it up with some stuffed animals," Lucas tried to negotiate.

"We don't even know if it is a boy or a girl."

"Colors don't define boy or girl.. we can paint it yellow or purple.. something totally different and crazy for the baby to enjoy."

"We do need a bed," Glenn noted. "I don't think I want my kid sleeping in a crate like poor Judith did for so long."

"See! And who is looking for baby cribs nowadays? We can pick the most expensive one for free," Lucas offered.

"I think you're both insane," Maggie commented with a smile. She stood up to put her plate in the sink. "Thanks for breakfast, Lu."

"No problem, Noona," he returned, munching on his last piece of bread.

"I think we should work on the weapons. We need to make sure there are guns stashed around in places that only we'll know about."

Glenn and Lucas trade a look. Maggie was overly paranoid ever since returning home from being captive. But, they couldn't blame her. They just had to support her.

"Sure thing, Babe," Glenn said as he stood up. "Let's get to work, then."

As they trailed through Alexandria in the cold, the small family kept a lighthearted conversation. Though it was mostly Lucas and Glenn trying to keep Maggie laughing.

By the time they made it to the armory, Lucas was half on Glenn's back as they wrestled. Maggie giggled and it made them amp up the chaos.

The brothers teased her when they got the weapons cart ready. Lucas sat on the bottom rack and Glenn jumped on top. They urged her to push, though she only got a few feet away before getting out of breath.

In all honesty, this was just how Glenn and Lucas have always been. There were only five years between the brothers. They grew up together and loved each other dearly. They were always causing a scene and making the group laugh. It just so happened that Maggie really needed to pick-me-up, so they went the extra mile.

They started dividing up the weapons and loading a few for hiding. Maggie shivered from the cold and Glenn placed his jacket over her. Lucas and Glenn then started quoting the old 'Grinch' movie from their childhood to make Maggie laugh again.

They were reenacting a scene when Michonne appeared, ready to start the day.

"Good day, Mrs. Grimes," Lucas teased.

"Hey, Loser," she said with a giggle. "You ready for our big fight yet?"

"Sure thing," he told her, then he whispered to Glenn afterward. "She's gonna break me in half."

"Yeah, you're done for," Glenn agreed.

"We'll have these, but we should hide a few. That way we can find them but strangers can't," Maggie said. "Just in case anyone gets in."

"They won't," Glenn promised.

"And if they do, we'll just let Rick bite them," Lucas decided. "That'll scare them off."

Michonne scoffed and knocked her elbow into Lucas' side.

"You know all about his biting."

"Lucas," Michonne warned.

"She's gonna get me," Lucas whined and hid behind Maggie.

"I should feed you to her for being on my nerves all day," Maggie said, a smile gracing her lips. "These two have been on one today."

"When are they not?" Michonne laughed.

"Always gotta be on one. Never know when you're gonna run out of them," Glenn remarked.

Maggie smiled at Glenn, a sparkle in her eyes as she watched the man she loved. Glenn scrunched his nose and lightly pinched her arm. It was the small things that they did that showed how in love they are. They didn't have to be all over each other constantly or tell one another every two seconds how amazing they are and in love they are.

It was the glances. The small touches. The lingering kisses. That's what made Maggie and Glenn so perfect together. A team that was woven together so intricately that nothing could come between them.

"You know how cats have nine lives?" Lucas wondered.

"Yeah.. I think I've been lowered in enough wells to be on my last one," Glenn joked.

"Exactly! So, you gotta make each one count, right, Noona?" Lucas asked, resting his arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah," Maggie brushed him off. "Get to work, would you?"

When Lucas picked up a gun, Daryl's bike engine echoed throughout the walls of Alexandria.

"What the hell is he doing?" Glenn wondered as Daryl opened the gates.

"Something he shouldn't," Michonne said and ran off after Daryl.

"We gotta stop him," Glenn said and the Rhees followed after.

"Michonne and I got this. You stick back," Glenn said, putting his gun in his holster.

"I can go. You need-"

"It won't take long," Glenn cut Maggie off. He kissed her quickly. "I'll be back before dark."

Maggie frowned, but kissed Glenn back, rubbing his cheek. Glenn looks at Lucas who was also wanting to go.

"Keep numbers here. Stay on alert," Glenn said, pointing to Lucas. "Stay safe."

"You, too, Hyung," Lucas returned.

Glenn squeezed Maggie's hand. "I love you."

Maggie whispered the sentiment back as Glenn and Michonne got into the van. Rosita for in as well- saying she knew where Daryl was going.

Abraham and Lucas closed the gate as Maggie watched Glenn drive away. Seeing how worried she was, Lucas wrapped his arm around Maggie's shoulders again. Abraham closes the second gate- this one cutting off their vision of the van.

"It's gonna be all right," Lucas said, rubbing Maggie's shoulder. "Now, you get to boss me around all day until Hyung gets back."

Maggie, though nauseated and anxiety-ridden, tried to fake a smile. Her hand reaches up to grasp Lucas' fingers, though her own were shaking with worry.

 Her hand reaches up to grasp Lucas' fingers, though her own were shaking with worry

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

I can't wait to torture lucas, myself, and you all