"That makes sense, so you're saying I shouldn't go run and tell everyone?" Ella asked with a grin.

"You better not," I responded playfully.

"I won't, don't worry. I'm happy for you guys though," she said.

"Thanks Ella," I grinned.

"Alright well I'll let you get back to work, better not keep anymore exciting news from me."

I shook my head at her as she walked out and I went back to my work. I didn't get very far before I realized that I should probably let Natalie know that I told Ella about us.

I got up and walked down the hall to her office and knocked on the door.

"Hey," she smiled at me and waved me in, "doing okay?"

"Yeah, I am actually," I said with a sigh, "but I thought I should warn you that I told Ella about us, hopefully that's okay."

"Oh really?" Natalie said as she raised her eyebrows, "fine by me."

"You're sure?" I asked.

"Positive," she said definitively.

"Okay good," I grinned, "anyway, I'll see you in a while when we leave."

"See you in a bit Mads," she said as I turned to leave.

"Oh hey," I stopped and turned back around, "are you um, are you planning on staying at my place again tonight?"

Natalie nodded, "sure am, you can also stay with me if you want, if it makes you feel any better."

"Okay, thanks," I gave her a small wave and walked out of her office.

***

I gathered my things up at 5:00 and got ready to go home. I looked up when I heard someone right outside of my office and saw Natalie waiting for me.

"Well helloooo there Natalie," I heard Ella say as she walked out into the hallway with us.

"Ella..." Natalie grinned.

"Shut up Ella," I playfully told her.

"Okay, just had to get that out of my system," Ella said, "I'm done now."

"Uh huh...we'll see about that," I said.

We all went down to the parking lot together and Ella said goodbye to us as Natalie and I walked towards our cars in the opposite direction.

We were chatting about what we were going to have for dinner, when I looked up towards my car and my stomach immediately dropped.

Kyle was leaning against it waving at me. I stopped walking and Natalie looked back at me.

"Jesus Christ," I mumbled under my breath.

"What's wro - " she started to ask.

She stopped mid sentence when she followed my gaze and saw him standing there.

"Fuck," she said quietly, "what do you want me to - "

"You can get in your car, I'm going to have to talk to him. Just don't actually leave, okay?" I said.

Natalie nodded and gave my hand a squeeze.

I slowly walked up to Kyle and he continued to smile and wave at me as if nothing bad had ever happened between us.

"Hey Madison," he said, "thought you might want to go get dinner."

"Kyle," I said with a tired sigh, "please don't do this again, I thought I was pretty clear last night."

"Don't do what?" He asked innocently, "I just want another chance, that's all."

"You don't get one, I'm sorry," I said, "and even if I wanted to give you one, I'm seeing someone else now."

I saw Kyle's eyes drift over to Natalie sitting in her car before he brought his attention back to me.

"Don't you think you owe me this after you just left me like you did?" He asked.

"No, I'm not doing this again. I don't owe you anything," I said definitively.

I walked past him and around the front of my car to the driver's side.

"You should feel terrible for leaving, you know that, right?" Kyle sneered.

A twinge of guilt came over me, but I knew that's what he wanted and I quickly shook it off. I pulled my door open and looked at him, waiting for him to move out of my way.

"Goodbye Kyle," I said as I glared at him.

"I'm sure you'll realize soon how much you messed up, I'll be around until you do."

Kyle gave me a smile that sent a chill down my spine, and he finally walked away. I nearly jumped into the front seat of my car and slammed the door shut.

              ————————————————-