Chapter 29

"You know," Natalie said, "usually I wouldn't let you get out of this conversation so easily...but you're right, we were in the middle of something."

"Mhmm," I quietly agreed.

I quickly turned and swung my leg over Natalie's lap and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"I don't think this is exactly how we left off," Natalie said as she looked up at me, "but I'll take it."

"Yeah, you better not complain," I said to her.

"Oh really? Or what?" She challenged me.

"Hmm..." I started, contemplating my answer.

Before I could respond, Natalie grabbed me by the hips and pushed me on to my back.

"Damn it Natalie," I said as I started to laugh.

She stifled my laughs with her lips as she pinned my hands down and began to kiss me.

The kiss didn't last for nearly as long as I wanted it to before Natalie let go of my hands and laid down next to me.

"Oh so you do have self control?" I asked her sarcastically, "I'm surprised."

"You better watch it over there," she said as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"I'll take my chances," I said as I reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

I leaned in and gently kissed her lips, savoring the feeling between us.

"You know," I started, "as fantastic as that was the other night, I have to admit that I'm enjoying this quite a bit too."

"Agreed," Natalie said as she smiled at me, "although I'm pretty sure I can top the other night the next time you let me try."

***

Over the next few weeks, Natalie and I continued to spend a lot of time together. We were careful at work, but I knew that everyone would find out eventually.

It wasn't that I felt like it needed to be some big secret, I really just didn't think it was something that everyone needed to know yet. We were both still feeling things out with our relationship and I was still new at my job. I didn't want to jeopardize either of those things.

I was typing up paperwork one afternoon when I saw a calendar invite from Natalie. She sent these out about our department meetings a lot, so it really wasn't anything out of the norm.

I clicked on it and realized it said the meeting was at 5:15 and it was only sent to me. She was obviously up to something but I played along.

"A meeting after 5:00...really?" I sent her.

"Sorry, you're going to have to deal with it," she responded.

I rolled my eyes at my computer screen and grinned, still trying to figure out what she was going to pull.

I kept working for a few minutes after 5:00, trying to finish things up before 5:15 came around.

"See you later Madison," Ella said as she walked by my office.

I waved to her and watched as her and the rest of the office left for the day.

At 5:15 I finished everything up and walked over to the conference room that was just on the other side of the main office area.

Natalie came in shortly after me and shut the door behind her.

"Alright," I said to her, "what are you scheming?"

She sauntered over to me as a smirk formed on her face.

"Well," she started as she reached down and grabbed my hand, "I've kind of always wanted to fuck someone on the conference room table."

"Jesus Natalie!" I said as my eyes grew wide and I pulled my hand back, "you can't be serious."

"Oh I absolutely am," she said, "everyone else is gone, why not?"

"There's a lot of reasons I could think of, but something tells me that you're going to convince me otherwise," I said.

It was true that everyone else had left, but the fact that we were in a conference room surrounded by all glass walls still didn't make me feel great. If anyone did happen to come back, we were screwed. Maybe that's why it was a fantasy of hers, there was definitely a chance that we could get caught.

"I'm going to try," Natalie responded as she leaned in and slowly began to kiss me.

I returned the kiss, feeling nerves building in my stomach.

"Natalie I - " I started as I pulled back slightly, "I don't know if I can do this."

"Come on, it'll be fun. You know I'm a thrill seeker," she said with a grin, "but if you really can't it's okay."

My gaze met hers, and with one look into her eyes, I could tell how badly she wanted this.

"You're sure everyone is gone?" I asked quietly.

"Positive," Natalie nodded.

She leaned in to kiss me again, and I didn't stop her this time. She reached out behind me until her hand found the chair that was in our way and pushed it aside.

I couldn't believe that I was about to do this, but Natalie had that effect on me. I couldn't resist.

She backed me against the table and I wrapped my arms around the back of her neck.

"I can't believe the shit you can convince me to do," I said in between kisses.

I felt her lips curl into a smile against mine as her hands trailed down my back. She began to untuck the button down shirt that I was wearing and pulled it out from my tight pencil skirt.

Her hands moved around to the front of my shirt as she started to unbutton it. They moved quickly until she was able to pull the shirt off of me.

She tossed it on the table behind us and took my face in her hand. She turned my head to the side and her lips grazed down to the base of my neck.

I reached up and pushed her jacket off of her shoulders and pulled her shirt over her head. I set them behind me on the table, making a pile with my discarded shirt.

Natalie's lips traveled slowly back up my neck and to my ear as she spoke quietly to me.

"Turn around."

                ————————————————