Chapter 26

After Natalie and I finished up breakfast, I started to gather up my things to go home.

"Good luck finding all of your clothes...they're kind of all over the place," Natalie said as she gave me a sly look.

"Mhmm, thanks for that," I said with a grin.

I went back to the bedroom and began to put the clothes back on that I could find. Natalie joined me shortly in her room and pulled on a pair of pants.

"Find everything?" She asked.

"I think so, guess we'll find out soon enough," I responded.

We both walked out of her room and she grabbed her keys off of the kitchen counter.

"Ready to go?" She asked me.

"Not really," I admitted, "but I need to."

Natalie held the door open and grinned at me, letting me walk out in front of her.

She drove me back to my apartment complex and we sat in the parking lot for a minute before I went inside.

"Talk to you soon, I hope?" She said to me.

I nodded as I leaned across the center console and kissed her.

I got out of the car and walked into my building feeling very satisfied. I wasn't expecting last night to turn out the way that it had, but I was very glad that it did.

When I got up to my door, I stuck the key in to unlock it when I heard Trevor's door open behind me. These walls needed to be thicker.

I slowly turned around to face him and he was giving me a look like a dad about to scold their child.

"You are not doing a walk of shame right now!" He said, trying to hide the smile on his face.

"Um..." I said as I cringed, "I might be."

"Please at least tell me it's the walk of shame from Natalie's place and not anyone else's," he said.

"It is," I responded, "from Natalie's I mean."

I couldn't hide the grin that I had as I watched Trevor's reaction.

"Hell yeah!" He said excitedly as he put his hand out to high five me.

"Oh my gosh Trevor," I said with a laugh as I high fived his hand, "I appreciate the enthusiasm."

I opened my door and he came inside with me.

"Okay well you have to tell me all about it," he said.

"Oh absolutely not," I responded.

"Oh come on!" He pleaded, "okay well at least tell me if it was good or not if you're not going to give me details."

I narrowed my eyes at him, debating on how much I wanted to tell.

"It was..." I started, "pretty fantastic."

I felt my cheeks turned red as I admitted this to Trevor and watched as a big smile spread across his face.

"Nice," he said with a head nod.

I put my hands over my face, trying to cover the fact that I was very pleased with all of this. Pleased, but still extremely embarrassed.

"That's the only information you're getting out of me though," I said as I peeked out from behind my hands.

"Fine, that's fair," he said, "so what now?"

"Uhh...we didn't really get that far, aside from establishing that work was going to be interesting," I responded.