The First Day Sucks... Well, Not All of It

Luckily, my flight came in on a Friday and I had the whole weekend to somewhat adjust to my new living arrangements. Jared was still just as much of a jerk on Saturday and Sunday as he had been on Friday night, but at least he spent most of his time hanging out with his friends.

Helena and Mike mostly just leave me alone, allowing me to roam the house or stay in my room at my leisure. I spent most of the time in my room, unpacking my boxes and sorting through all of my things. A few pictures of me and my parents and my sister are hung on the wall over my desk, along with a whiteboard to keep track of my activities and schedules.

The bed is covered in my dark red comforter embroidered with golden flowers and my favorite childhood stuffed animal is placed artfully in between my pillows, of which there are four meant for sleeping and two decorative Anthropologie pillows.

My gray shag rug is placed in the middle of the floor and my tinkle lights are hung.

It isn't until Monday that the anxiety and terror really returns. It is my first day at Crescent Main High School. I'm not sure how Crescent Main even had its own school, considering the town had less than a thousand people, but they had their own school, although it is all in one, singular building for kindergarten through 12th grade.

I go to bed early Sunday night and wake twice as early as I would like on Monday morning, the sound of rain pelting my bedroom window. I lay in bed for a long moment, staring at the ceiling. I try to remind myself that my high school back home had several hundred students and that Crescent Main High School had nothing on that.

Although, it is a public school and I have only ever attended private schools...

And Addison had been with me when I started school...

I quickly stop that thought and spring out of bed, deciding that taking a shower before Jared got up would be better than waiting for him to finish in the shower- seriously whoever started the thing that girls took longer in the shower had never lived with Jared Shepherd.

I grab my bag of toiletries off the desk and open my door as quietly as possible, trying not to wake any of the Shepherds before I am ready to deal with them. I creep down the hall towards the main bathroom next to Jared's room. Me and Jared shared this bathroom, as Mike and Helena had a master bathroom and the bathroom by the garage was only a half-bath.

I open the door and click on the light. The shower door is partially open and the toilet seat is up. "Jared," I groan and I push the toilet seat down with my foot before setting my bag down on top of it.

"Got something to say, Miss Priss?" Jared asks from behind me and I whirl around with a gasp, clutching the front of my fuzzy bathrobe.

"What are you doing up?" I demand, crossing my arms. Jared leans against the doorframe, his arms crossed over his faded gray t-shirt. His hair is still rumpled and uncombed and his eyes are still slightly glassy from sleep.

"I was sleeping but then I heard you banging around in here and complaining about me. So, do you have something to say, Miss Priss?"

"Just, could you please put the toilet seat down?" I throw my arms down at my side in exasperation. "Seriously."

Jared raises an eyebrow and turns to leave, closing the bathroom door behind him with a click. "Ugh!" I thrust my hand into my bag angrily, fishing for my Philosophy strawberry guava coconut shampoo and conditioner. This is the only shampoo and conditioner I would use, even in this specific scent. I just had never gotten the same amount of love for other scents.

I turn the shower on as hot as it would go and wait for the water to warm up before I get in and shower quickly, trying to be efficient and still make sure I get clean. I step out of the shower and curse quietly when I realize I hadn't brought my clothes to the bathroom with me. I step quickly back into my pajamas and robe and dart down the hall ro my bedroom so my clean skin and hair wouldn't be ruined by my dirty pajamas.

The Alpha's Mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें