Regardless which city I'lI be in, the moon is still the moon—still the same bright, shiny ball in the sky that I can always look up to. In a way, I guess it is following me.

I pried my eyes off the mystical thing and scanned my surroundings. The bar was still open because a lot of people choose to drink at night instead of under broad daylight. I can proudly say that I was not a wee bit tempted for a drop of liquor and that's all because of Nikolas.

If it weren't for a familiar pastel pink gown I caught a glimpse of, I wouldn't be walking towards the little setup.

I shook my hands, ridding it of wetness before I stood and did the same with my feet. Eyes narrowed in suspicion, I walked towards the red-lit bar where a woman sat on a stool, a few empty glasses in front of her.

"Bianca," I called out once I was sure of whatever the hell I'm seeing, "Bianca?"

She turned to face me and it was more than enough confirmation for her identity. I eyed the drink in her hand before looking at her face—an expression of guilt replaced her usual kind facade.

"Rose," said the woman. The usual chirp of her voice turned deadpan. My blood started boiling after seeing that the mother of Nikolas's baby doesn't quite give a fuck about the unborn child. If I wasn't here to stop her, would she have gotten wasted?

"Why are you drinking?" I wasn't able to keep my voice from yelling. "Stop that," I took the glass from her and laid it on the counter so hard I thought it'd break.

The woman didn't talk back and instead stared wide-eyed.

"You're drunk," I said clearly, "Are you even thinking? That's not good for the baby."

She was still quiet. I rolled my eyes and groaned before grabbing her arm, "Come on. Let's get you home," I mentally swore at how everything was rolling down-fucking-hill. If she weren't pregnant, I would've thrown her into the pool to wake up some senses.

The woman didn't budge and pulled her arm back. When I faced her, the first thing I noticed were the tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

The next line Bianca said had me seeing red in its most vibrant and bold shade. Not only did I see it, but I also felt it and smelled it. Fuck, I could even taste it.

"Rose, there is no baby."

My fingers twitched and I heard static in my ears. I felt my insides drop to the floor and if I could, I'd grab them to smack across the woman's face.

"What did you say?"I had to ask again.

"T-There's no baby, Rosaleen," she swallowed, "I lied."

I silently called upon the heavens to send their strongest angel to hold me back.

"What do you mean there's no baby?" my voice was quiet and deadly odd to my ears. I scared even myself.

"I'm not pregnant," she elaborated further, "I never was."

Well, fuck my ass and call me a slut.

"I don't understand," I laughed maniacally, wondering if it was some dream and I was actually in my suite, sleeping soundly on my bed after Nikolas had left... for an imaginary baby.

Bianca buried her face in her hands and rubbed, mascara and lipstick smearing messily. Then, she sobbed, "Rose, I lied about being pregnant."

"Why on Earth did yo—"

"Nikolas has an alcohol addiction."

I gasped, "What?"

It was Oscar-worthy.