18

Dick Camillo: how did u get my number?

Dick Camillo: my wife almost saw the pics

Dick Camillo: delete my number rosr

Dick Camillo: *rose

I laughed to myself. The man had seen the photos I sent. Either he had deleted them or saved them in his hidden folder and since I'm delusional, I assumed the latter.

"I'm guessing you've worked out your boy problem?" Jared spoke, eyes on me through the rearview.

"I guess," I said to him, only noticing then how I've been smiling like an idiot on my phone.

Aside from now being textmates with Mr. Camillo, it was because of a dream I had last night. No, it was not of pixies and unicorns like the ones I had when I was seven. Neither was it about aliens and vampires when I was ten. It also wasn't about Freddy from iCarly or Josh Hutcherson in The Hunger Games like when I was thirteen.

It was a dream where the man of my dreams starred as a hunky doctor and I was getting a full body check-up.

I'll give you three chances to guess what happened next.

"You never did tell me the real reason why your dad hired me."

I put my phone in my bag. There was more traffic than usual. I've come to notice that Jared was the chatty type but I couldn't blame him. His life must be lonely lately.

"Why do you wanna know?" I wondered. His hair was cut shorter and clean, a hint of how he spent his day-off.

"I just remembered it now. Out of curiosity I guess." I looked out the window, wishfully wanting to see Mr. Camillo's car somewhere.

"It was careless now that I think of it." Not careless as in it's unjustifiable but careless as in we could've went somewhere more private or waited until school was over. Jared didn't reply and instead keep his eyes on the road, waiting for an answer. "I was caught with a teacher. Or at least he wasn't actually a teacher, he was more of a TA but of course that doesn't matter."

Jared's eyebrows rose and a frown was on his face. It was almost comical. Then, he gave it a few seconds of thought before his expression softened.

"Hm," he began, "Honestly, that was in my list of guesses." I couldn't tell if he was joking.

"But I'm done with that," I reassured.

My kitten heels sounded against the concrete as I strode to the main door. It was a lot warmer inside but I decided to keep my jacket on. I entered the code to my locker, popping it open and shoving my things into it and out of it. When I slammed it shut, a figure revealed itself to be standing behind, making me jump.

"Maia!" I breathed out as my hand made its way to my chest. The girl's thick wavy hair was in a high ponytail and in all honesty, she looked pretty. Prettier than me, maybe?

"Rose, good morning," she smiled sweetly. Sweet. If I had only a few words to describe Maia Rivera, they would be sweet, shy, and fucking clingy.

"Hey, Maia," I greeted back with hopefully the same level of energy, "What's up?"

"Did Sean ever mention a charity event to you?" she hugged her binder to her chest.

"Not really," I said, "I haven't talked to him much."

Maia laughed, "Well, there's this gala by Senator Guevarra and I heard somewhere that it has a date thing going on."

"Date thing?"

"It's on Valentine's Day so they have this thing where you can't enter unless you have a date," Maia explained.