"Are you getting that?" Wyatt asked as he got to his feet.

Was that even a question? "Yup"

After we paid for the overpriced piece of clothing, Wyatt and I walked side-by-side around the plaza.

"Thanks for today," I began, "I love you, Wyatt."

The affection that came from nowhere shocked him slightly. "I love you too, Rose, even though you put fifty Victoria's Secret items on my spendings list."

VS was overrated but I'm still a sucker for it. I laughed just as we stopped in front of a frozen yogurt stand. Trying for a cute gesture, I treated my brother to a big cup of frozen mango yogurt topped with graham crumbs. I, on the other hand, bought myself some strawberry yogurt which had my mind flying to Sean.

He's currently staying at his cousins' house just to spend some family time before he goes. This meant that I won't have any more chances of seeing him before the flight.

My mind also drifted to Aiden who agreed to be my date at the Spring Ball since his family's attending too. Then I leave the next morning.

By the time the sun was setting, the SUV was filled with paper bags from too many stores to count. Jared was instructed to take us back to WildeLight for dinner which turned out pleasant since we decided to dine near a pool with the food being strictly French cuisine.

Once dinner was done, I locked myself in my room and rummaged through the bags scattered on the carpet floor.

'Why did I buy this again?' the question crossed my head one too many times as I looked at the items one by one.

I got tired after an hour and decided to get ready for bed. On my way to the bathroom, my plans were cut short when a knock sounded from the door.

"Yes?" I asked as I swung it open only to have one Dick Camillo standing in the hallway wearing a white button-up and jeans.

Fuck me.

I closed the door in an instant and locked all three locks.

"Rose," he spoke through the door. Despite being apart, I didn't fail to hear his tired sigh.

"No. Bye. Goodnight," I turned the lights off and made my way to the bed.

I was waiting for his parting footsteps but instead heard him speak again, "Please let me in."

I stayed quiet and grabbed a soft pillow to wrap my arms around. "I can wait all night, you know," Nikolas added.

I instantly doubted him. You can't even spend a night with me, I wanted to say.

"Fine," he muttered before I heard his body slide against the door and sit on the hallway floor with a faint thump. Nikolas was still there after ten silent minutes of waiting. Wanting to see how long the man would last, I got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom for my shower.

I took my sweet time under the cold water and debated whether or not I should let him in. Of course I want to be with him, but there were too many complications that his presence carries.

I didn't want to lie and say that his proposal of spending time together before we forget each other for good didn't please me because it was very, very tempting. Through it, we'll be able to part on a good note.

I was three-fourths into saying yes and the only quarter keeping me from doing so was a mix of pride, guilt, and grudge. The three-fourths was stupidity. I snorted.

I got dressed in underwear and a big shirt before tiptoeing to the door and putting my ear against it. "Yes, I'm still here," said Nick which had me cringing. I silently walked to my bed and slipped under the white duvet.