7. Divine Intervention

Kriti looked at her watch for the 10th time. Then she checked her phone. No messages or calls as expected. Sighing she pulled out some money and left it on the table before leaving. Just as she walked out of the restaurant she saw him exit the car and run towards her.

"Sorry....sorry....sorry" he held his ears and continued to say sorry.

"Let me guess bhai had some work?"

He had a guilty expression and she knew it was correct. 

"I am really sorry Jaan. Anna added a meeting last minute"

"You could have called or messaged, I have been waiting like a idiot Farhad."

He took a step towards her. But she back up, shaking her head.

"Anna was right next to me. If I had messaged he would have seen. Really sorry Jaan. Won't happen again."

"It will happen again. Your first priority is always bhai."

"If we can tell everyone about us. It would be easier."

"No." She said firmly.

"Okay. We will talk about that later. Tell me what can I do?"

She thought for a moment and suddenly inspiration struck.  She smiled.

"Oh no" he said

"Oh yes. Shopping. You are going to shop with me until I say so."

"How about we do something else? Anything else?"

"Nope." She looped her hand in his and pulled him towards the mall.

————————————————————————

Farhad sat down on the bench exhausted as he watched Kriti take about 10 dresses into the changing room. They have been shopping for two hours and she hasn't slowed down yet. He was holding ten heavy bags as she excitedly walked from one shop to another.

'Ting'

"How mad was she?"

"Extremely. Thank you for that"

"She is a Rao after all. You should expect it."

"She surprises me all the time. We have been shopping  for two hours now."

"I could call you away for a meeting"

"NOOOO!" His heartbeat raised just imagining what Kriti would do if he left for work. He knew that Anna also expected the answer when he asked. He was sure Anna was laughing in his office.

"You have done enough damage Anna."

"Don't mess with a Rao"

Farhad sighed, thinking of his future. The day his relationship with Kriti becomes public he will have to walk a tight line between both Kriti and Anna. Especially since they love to irritate one another on purpose.

Kriti came out of the changing room with a few dresses and he stood up to go pay for them. Once they were out of the shop. He hoped that the shopping trip would be over, but Kriti started getting excited over a saree shop.

When he saw which shop she was pointing to he stopped walking. It was the same shop he had picked up the Saree from - Pallavi's shop.

"Umm no kriti please. Can we go somewhere else?"

She paused and gave him a questioning look.

"I mean saree shopping."

"I love Sarees"