6. Chance Meetings

It was a whole week since the incident at the Saree shop. Pallavi hadn't seen Raghav back at the shop since the day he had ordered the sarees. She had been on edge the next day, since he was supposed to come back for the saree's. Luckily for her he had sent one of his men to pick up the saree's. She was surprised when a young man of 26-27 had showed up with the bill. He had introduced himself as Farhad - Raghav's assistant. He was a respectful and quiet as she had made small talk with him. She was relieved that Raghav hadn't come - or that is what she kept telling herself. Because she when she sat in the back office and let her heart speak - she was disappointed that Raghav didn't show up.

She had been disappointed every day since. To be honest what Raghav had said that day about her being his.. Him being attracted to her. She had felt like a woman again, one that could attract man - a man like Raghav. Realistically, she knew that there could never be anything between them. He was not the sort for a relationship and she was not the sort to have an affair. But at night she had let her mind wander into fantasies.  It was during one of those nights did she realize her own loneliness. She yearned for a partner and all that benefits that came with having a person in your life. She wanted to love someone, she wanted to be loved. All the things she had dreamed about when she was married with Mandaar, she wanted all of that again.

It was lucky for her that he did not show that day. She could not afford the problems he would bring to her life. At least Raghav did make her realize her emptiness, for that she was grateful. Now she needed to figure how to change the course of her life and fulfill her own dreams.

*Knock, knock*

She came out of her own thoughts. "Come in"

"Surprise!!" Nikhil walked in smiling.

"Nikhil  - what are you doing here?"

"I was free, so I thought we could see that place I was talking about. Do you want to go?"

"wait really, did you talk to the broker?"

He rolled his eyes at her "Yes di, its all taken care of, can we please go now?"

She smiled and pulled his cheeks "Let's go"

Within 40 minutes Pallavi was standing out of the 20 story building.

"Nikhil - this place. It looks like a office building."

"Di Please wait and see"

He led her into the building and through an elaborate entrance.
She just stood there looking at hundreds of people walking around shopping. What looked like a plain and simple office building from the outside, was actually a mini shopping mall with the first 3 stories filled with boutique stores.

"How did you find this place?"

"Do you remember my interview? It was in this building."

She grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to her. "Which shop?" She asked excitement building.

"This way" His excitement matched her.

Together they walked towards the shop. Pallavi internally thanked the gods for - Nikhil's soon to be boss.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raghav sat in his office looking out of the window - thinking about her. For the past week he stayed away from her, forcing himself to leave her be. Ironically, his control of not seeing her did not extend to his own mind. Whenever he closed his eyes, or lets his thoughts wander - she would fill his mind. He wouldn't have believed it, if he wasn't experiencing it - that someone to wield so much power in barely two meetings.

Yet, Pallavi Deshmukh held such power over his mind. He wanted to see her, he craved to see her. Still, he did not go see her. Farhad was right - she was not like the woman he dealt with. In his meeting with her - he seemed to have formed a soft corner for her. When he returned back - he spared no time is arguing against him. Though it irritated him, to have Farhad question his decisions. He could not deny that Farhad had spoken the simple truth.

She cared of nothing of money, or status. He would bet anything that given a choice Pallavi would pick her family over money in a heartbeat. She was naïve - that much he also knew. She would not be comfortable with any physical relationship outside of marriage.

So he stayed away from her. Trying to distract himself with his usual entertainment with Richa. Unfortunately, that little experiment two nights ago had ended in failure. She was not happy with him. Granted he wouldn't have been happy had he been left mid-rendezvous unsatisfied.  Now he sat in his office trying to figure out how to deal with the situation. Had he been a god man he would have asked the man upstairs for a hint or sign. But there was no hope of any sign, since he didn't believe in it or him.

"Anna" Farhad entered his office. "Sorry Anna - I knocked, but you didn't reply"

"It's okay Farhad, I was thinking." He said lamely.

"These are the applications for leasing a few of the open store front we have" he placed a file on the desk.

"Why are you handing these to me. Don't we have a department that handles the leasing?"

"Yes, we do. I was just looking the final paperwork when I noticed something. I thought you would be interested." He opened the file and offered him the first application.

His heart skipped a beat as he read the name that was written in the application. "Pallavi"

"Yes. Her application was selected by the team already. Should I cancel it?"

"why?"

"Anna, do think its wise?"

"aren't you the one that always talks about destiny and fate? I did not make this happen. It was fate" he smiled, it was separate feeling using your adversaries own words against them.

"This is a coincidence, Anna"

"And I am not going to let this coincidence ruin her chances of opening another shop. She should not pay for something that not her fault. Her application was handled without bias and will continue without bias. Give her the space Farhad."

"Will you give her space?"

"I have given her space. I cannot anymore"

"Anna"

"Enough Farhad. What do you expect me to do - wait until your so called divine intervention?" He asked mockingly

Farhad smiled "If its meant to be - it will be"