𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 | 𝐑𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Well then let's look together sweetheart." He grabbed the test on the counter and motioned for you to grab the other end.

"Ready to flip it?"

You shook your head.

"3...2...1."

Positive.

Shock encompassed your face as you looked up at Ron, who was smiling down at you.

"Ron..." you covered your mouth in disbelief.

"My wife's pregnant." He let out a teethy grin before pulling you into a hug.

"You're going to be such a great mother." He rested his chin on your head as he swayed you back and forth.

"You really think so?"

"I know so. You're the best caretaker I've ever met. Hell, you treated the Easy men as if they were your sons." He scoffed.

"I guess you're right Ron. I can't believe we're going to have a little baby Speirs." You grabbed his cheeks, gazing into his eyes.

He kissed you long and hard before placing his hands on your stomach from behind, and looking into the mirror.

"You're going to be the prettiest little pregnant lady." He rested his head on your shoulder, pecking you on the neck.

You let out a laugh as you placed your hands on top of his.

"Oh Ron you're going to be such a great father. I'm so glad we can move on from the war and start a family."

His smile faded. "About that (Y/n), I actually have some news of my own." He pulled away, scratching his head.

"Uh oh. What is it?" You looked at the concern etched on his face.

He grabbed your hand and walked you to the edge of your bed.

He pulled the letter out of his pocket. "I'm being deployed to Korea..."

You took the letter from his hands and quickly read over it, you could feel his eyes piercing your soul.

"You're not going are you?"

"(Y/n) I have no choice. You know orders are orders."

"Yes but it's different now. You have a wife, and a baby on the way!" You stood up out of frustration.

"You think I don't know that?" He stared you down as you paced around the room.

"Ron, sweetheart, I need my husbands guidance throughout my pregnancy. How am I going to get through this if you're gone?" You stood in front of him as he stayed seated on the bed.

"Honey..." he pulled you into his lap. "I can try to plead my case but if the Army needs me then they need me. You know that." He brushed your hair back behind your ear.

"Yes Ron I know, it's me you're talking to here!" You placed your fingers on the bridge of your nose. "When will you leave?"

"Two weeks." He looked away from you.

"Ron, you'll miss the birth of your child." You placed your fingers on his chin, forcing him to look at you. He saw the tears forming in your eyes. It broke him, but he wasn't going to show it. He never let his emotions rise to the surface, nor did he cry.

"I'm sorry (Y/n)..." he whispered.

You shook your head and looked down. "You miss it don't you?" You asked.

"What?"

"You miss war. The camaraderie, the adrenaline, the killing..." you side eyed him.

His eyebrows furrowed. "That's not fair (Y/n)." He brushed you off and stood up, leaving the room.