Slime Rancher and the Library Guardian

Dragons tended to be attracted to shiny things.

Rex Lapis was one of them. He was a mighty dragon that could punish a multitude of armies for coming against him. There was nothing his stones couldn't destroy and no one who would stop him. His allies, his adepti, and even his people looked at him with fear and awe. He had the entire region in the palm of his hand.

The one thing he couldn't have was the affection of the angel that roamed his land.

He was spying on her once again, feeling inner rage as she was with that young man again. The man, which he learned was named Shunyan, constantly followed her wherever she went. He was the chief of a small village, but the village had been blessed by the angel herself. For his part, Shunyan was given her mark to showcase to all that he was one of her beloved humans. With the mark, he gained immortality.

At that moment, the man was combing her hair with an intricate comb that he made her. His fingers tangled with her locks as he enjoyed every stroke. Seraphina was nestled in the flowers, wearing a white dress for once. Her head was on his lap and her eyes were closed. The wings on her back were currently tucked behind her dress.

"Shunyan, thank you for doing this. You didn't have to comb my hair." Her voice spoke in an airy tone. "I love my hair being wild and free."

"Nonsense wǒ de àirén, I want you to feel comfortable. You are a being beyond the stars and...." His voice hesitated a bit before he smiled. "Every moment I spend with you brings me joy."

"Well, I enjoy it too! You're a great person to be around! My first human friend too..." Her fingers plucked a flower from her side and she played with the petals. "Celestia doesn't have many other beings besides angels. All they want is to keep balance and order, not much after that."

Shunyan took a moment to take a couple of strands of her hair and took a sniff. "Why don't you keep track of your adventures and where you've been so that future angels can read and visit? That way, you can write about our...um...friendship!"

"Great idea!" She sat up and smiled at him. "You are so brilliant Shunyan! I'm so glad that you gave me such a great idea."

Rex Lapis watched on in horror as she kissed him on the cheek. This caused him to start an earthquake. This would not do...this will not do at all.

_____________________________________________________________________

A hidden library had brought them all together as they trekked through the city.

Hestia happily allowed the little girl who agreed to be her guide to ride on her shoulder. The girl had a big smile on her face while they skipped down the road singing a happy tune. From behind them, Aether,  Paimon, Venti, and Zhongli followed and watched them with equal parts amusement and jealousy. Paimon went ahead to sing their nonsensical song while Aether hung back with the slimes. The two archons watched Hestia for a moment, their gazes lingering for a moment.

"I can't believe she's back...and with no memory of us at all," Zhongli said, staring longingly at her innocent form. "When did you come into contact with her?"

"A few days ago, she was being attacked by the Moros clan." The usually happy bard gave him a grim look. "They seem to be back somehow. I thought we dealt with those psycho nutjobs ages ago."