A Little Slimey Interlude

It was one of those rare times when Hestia was out without a slime to accompany her.

The day was rainy as the wind howled against the small cottage. Windy sat on the windowsill praying to Barbatos that Hestia was hunkered down somewhere for the time being. Flamey was in the fireplace all cozy and aglow while Dewey slept inside the kitchen sink. Shocky hopped about the house being chased by a rather angered Rocky whom he had pranked. Freezy was reading a book at the table, ignoring the commotion while Leafy sorted some seeds for the garden. Outside, the Ruin Guard slumped against the house to prevent some of the rain from flooding the garden.

"Rainy days make me so tired...." Flamey murmured, sinking deeper in the coals. 

"Tiredness is unbecoming of you. I think you should get out the fireplace." Freezy spoke, flipping the next page of her book. 

"Well I don't want to go out in the rain and wait for her! It will fizzle me out!"

"And I will freeze, so we'd both suffer."

"Settle down you two." Leafy waved her petaled head. "The last thing we need is a half hot, half cold battlefield while we're all stuck in the house."

Shocky slid across the floorboards before face planting in front of the table. "I'm so booored! There's nothing to do on a rainy day and I already pranked Rocky!"

Said Geo Slime slammed into his back, causing the purple slime to land in the sink. A frightened squeak from Dewey made the Hydro Slime leap out the sink to avoid being shocked.

Windy turned around to see the fight already starting to brew between her fellow roommates. She shook her head. The second Hestia leaves and it turns into a full brawl. This would not do if she came back to a ruined house in this weather.

It was time for action.

"Everyone settle down! We are not going to leave this place a wreck before Hestia comes back!" Her voice carried throughout the room, causing a pause in the bickering. "Now, if you want to be entertained, then I have a story to tell! Shocky, gather everyone up on the couch. I do believe it's time I told you the tale of the Anemo God and Celestia's Beloved first meeting."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The city of Mondstadt wasn't always free.

In fact, at one point, it was ruled by an ancient God named Decarabian. The sultan of storms and lord of the tower that resides in Stormterror's Lair, he had power beyond compare and he would punish all who dared go against him.

He was a tyrant who kept his citizens locked away in the capital city behind a barrier of winds. The poor people wanted to travel the world and see what was beyond the valley, but his heart was stone and couldn't be moved. He even had a conflict with the great wolf Andrius. He was ruthless, cruel, and prideful.

Yet, like all lonely creatures, he desired someone to share his love with.

One day, as he took a walk towards the boarders of his city, he heard the sound of singing. Oh, the singing was so lovely that he had to know who the voice belonged to. He searched far and wide for the person who had the enchanting voice, but could find no one. Eventually he realized that the voice would often appear in the mornings and would go out to listen to the songs they would sing. This obsession with the voice caused his lover, the human woman Amos, to become worried that he would drive himself mad.

Unbeknownst to Decarabian, a nameless bard and his wisp friend would too hear the voice. From his place in the tower, the voice would ring out bright and true. The nameless bard would play his lyre to the singing, creating songs with this unknown individual. Surprisingly, after a few tries, the voice could hear his music and started singing just to hear their songs.