Unexpected Saviour

A/N: I'm starting to get a feel for what I want this story to look like, hopefully you'll enjoy it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reader's P.O.V

"Let me go!" I screamed and thrashed. I didn't get a response back. Where were they taking me? What were they gonna do to me? Whoever these strangers were were holding me down as they tied me up with several feet of rope. I didn't know what to do. How was I going to get out of this mess? What was going on on Claire's end? I don't want Claire and Sherry to get into trouble because of me. I shouldn't have told them, if something happens to them it'll be my fault.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I was thrown over someone's shoulder. How was this all happening in one night? How could nobody notice any of this? How would this not be classified as a disturbance? My house was broken into for goodness sake! And now I'm being kidnapped!

I started screaming, I was hoping my neighbour's would hear but clearly they didn't as nobody came out. Is this neighbourhood seriously okay? I mean seriously, not one person could hear me screaming my lungs out? I must've been a nuisance because my kidnappers forced my mouth shut and sealed it off with duct tape, any chances I had of escaping were basically ruined now. They were opening up the back of a van, probably for me, when a bright light blinded my eyes.

I clenched my eyes shut, maybe help was finally on its way. I could hear several gunshots around me, then I felt pain in my side. I opened my eyes to find myself now trapped in the back of the van. They must've thrown me in. I could hear commotion happening outside, several gunshots rang throughout the van, bullets ricocheting off it, leaving indents on where they hit. If that person or the people out there were here to save me I seriously owed them one.

Suddenly it went quiet, the gunshots stopped but the car was still driving. My saviour or saviours were gone, this was the end.

I would've screamed if there wasn't tape on my mouth, but something was going on INSIDE the van. I could hear people fighting, how they were landing hits while driving was beyond me. I spoke way too soon. The van swerved to the right, causing me to crash into the right wall of the van. Who gave these people their license? I was crashing into the walls left and right.

FINALLY, the car evened out, we were driving in a straight line. But who exactly was driving? I can only hope that it was my saviour(s), otherwise my life would practically be over. My life would be in the hands of my company. They could experiment on me. I would never let that happen to me, I'd rather die than take part in this messed up plan. But right now, these ropes were starting to hurt. I wish I could remove them. But my hands were tied behind my back, and I couldn't really sit up from the position I was in. But it doesn't hurt to try.

After wiggling and using the inner walls as support, I was now sitting on my bottom. I checked the room to see if I could find anything useful to break me free from my binds. Nothing. I needed to get my arms free since they were tied to my sides, and then I'd have to undo the additional rope that tied my hands together behind my back. Even if I got myself free, what would I do? The van is locked from the outside, and this vehicle is moving. If I somehow managed to get the door open, the only way to freedom was to jump out the back. I shuddered, I don't think jumping out the van is going to guarantee my safety.

I sighed, there truly is nothing I can do now. I want to go home. I don't want to be part of this fucked up plan. I don't want to be a failed experiment, nor do I want to be a successful one. I could feel tears welling in my eyes. Is this how it'll end? I'll just end up being some pawn to a fucked up project? The tears began to stream down my face, one by one. I cried. I cried harder than I was when I was on the phone with Claire. I couldn't breathe. I kept gasping for air that would leave my lungs as soon as it entered. I could feel the tears seep into my pants, I couldn't wipe them, they just fell freely.