Chapter 2

"Hi Kosma." You gave a small wave to your quiet, reserved friend.

"Hey," he replied, walking slowly into the room. Which was kind of unusual, given that he walks pretty fast.

You noticed his hands were hiding something behind his back.

"What are you hiding?" You smiled, trying to get a peek.

He held out a box wrapped in paper confetti. "This is for you."

"For me? Yay! Can I open it now?" He nodded, so you gently peeled off the paper. The box was a little heavy. What could it be?

"Just rip it open," Kosma said.

After you ripped away completely, you jumped out of your skin. Standing before
you was the limited edition Kevin Kaslana figurine that sold out a couple weeks ago.

"Happy Birthday, Y/N," Kosma said.

"I... Kosma. You bought this for me?" You stared at him.

"Of course. You said you wanted Kevin's figurine."

"But why? ... I can't accept this. It's way too expensive," You felt indebted to Kosma's kindness. "What do you see me as?"

He scratched his head, his ears tinted pink. Should I confess? "... I really like—"

Suddenly, red alarms blared throughout the entire Fire Moth base.

Kosma grabs your hand and dashed out of the room, causing you to drop your gift.

"Where are we going?"

"To Grieso's place. It's safer there."

You both turned a corner, running through the halls.

Just as you reached Grieso's place, a large shadow loomed above you and Kosma.

Your eyes grew huge.

"Go find Grieso," Kosma told you. "I'll fight it off myself."

"What? I can't just leave you to fend these off by yourself!"

"Please, Y/N. Just watch over Grieso."

You were about to protest until he gave you a look. "Fine." You shot him a worried glance one more time before taking off.

Kosma stepped towards his opponent, gauntlets charging up. He felt electricity flow through his veins.

"To hurt my friends, you have to go through—woah!" He almost stumbled as he dodged the beast's attacks. There was no time for pep talks.

He slashed Ganesha's weakspot, at the head with his claws. While impairing it, he absorbed its honkai energy, effortlessly eating away the power until it diminished as weak as a fly.

Ganesha disintegrated into particles, admitting defeat. Just as Kosma thought the job was done, another Emperor beast appeared. Not just one beast, but three, who were looming over him.