*-chapter eight-*

Dr. Maggie organized the move from this hospital to the facility for tomorrow. "Ms. Hart, how about you go back to your room, and I'll talk to your daughter here," she suggests, her tone gentle yet firm.

My mother, still visibly upset, reluctantly agrees and leaves the room, casting a lingering glance in my direction. The weight of the impending decision hangs in the air. Um, I've done the research, but I haven't figured out how much it is," I admit, taking a moment to collect my thoughts. "Would you happen to know how much this could cost?" I inquire, hoping for some clarity on the financial aspect of the upcoming transition.

Dr. Maggie nods understandingly, recognizing the practical concerns that often accompany such decisions. "I understand that financial aspects can be a significant consideration. Let me check with our administrative team to get an estimate for you. We'll ensure that you have all the necessary information to plan accordingly." She offers a reassuring smile. watching her leave the room, i can't help but let out a ragged breath. i can't believe she blames me, i would never do this to hurt her. 

Moments later, she returns with a piece of paper and hands it over to me. I look down to see a detailed breakdown of the anticipated costs, and Dr. Maggie patiently goes through the document. 

After discussing the financial aspects and clarifying details with Dr. Maggie, we bid each other goodbye. I make my way to my mother's room, still visibly upset after the difficult conversation.

Standing in front of her room, I take a deep breath before entering. The atmosphere is heavy with emotions, and as I walk in, my mother looks up with a mix of anticipation and anxiety. I try to convey a reassuring smile, "Hey, Mum, we've got things sorted out. The move is scheduled for tomorrow, and I'll be with you every step of the way."

We discuss the upcoming changes, addressing her concerns and mine. It's a challenging conversation, but a necessary one as we navigate through the complexities of mental health and the decisions that come with it. The room is filled with a sense of shared responsibility, and together, we prepare for the journey ahead.

Later, as I arrive home, I head toward the dining room table, pulling out the two bills from my pocket and adding them to the stack of bills my mother has been accumulating. I shake my head in frustration; it's becoming too much to handle. I won't be able to afford all of this. I've always helped out with Mum and the bills, but the increasing financial strain and mum not having her job for obvious reason, its really taking it toll.

heading toward the kitchen, I grab a glass of wine, then grabbing my laptop. Seated at the kitchen table, I organize the bills into my laptop, working out the expenses and trying to formulate a plan. The weight of financial responsibility feels overwhelming, and I find myself caught in a web of stress and uncertainty. I take a sip of the wine, hoping it would bring a momentary relief, but the challenges ahead loom large in my mind.

I've figured out I'm going to have to ask for a payment plan, inquire about working overtime, or perhaps get a second job. Groaning in frustration, I get up, slam my laptop shut, and pour myself some more wine. Walking toward the closet in the kitchen hallway, I pull out a box I stored the last time Mum went into a care facility—a year ago, for just a week, She needed help getting into a routine. anyway, In that box, I can't help but glance at the photobook a heartfelt idea crossed my mind – to retrieve the box of belongings from my mother's last hospitalization. It felt like a small but a meaningful gesture, a way to connect her with cherished memories and offer encouragement for the journey ahead.

I also grab a suitcase from the back of the closet, moving upstairs to pack her bags. Once I've packed everything I thought she needed, I place the suitcase downstairs. The weight of the day's challenges hangs heavy on my shoulders. Exhausted both physically and emotionally, I decide to call it a night, retreating to bed. The room is filled with a quiet solemnity as I lay down, knowing that tomorrow will bring a new set of challenges and decisions to navigate.

-----------------------------

Unedited