"And, Mom, you won't believe this. Her name is Aurora, just like the story you used to tell me to sleep." Indila's heart sank; it couldn't be. Not many people in Panem would know this story. People outside the Capitol didn't even know what a ballet was—it was an ancient art, not very appreciated there. There was only one way she could have this name. Indila felt her heart breaking but tried to hold herself together for her son. "Honey, you said her father is also in the military. I might know him. What is his name?" Crassus didn't need to think to answer: "Spyridon Plinth."

Yes, Indila knew this asshole very well. She hoped she would never have to hear his name again. The idea of Crassus wanting to get married to a district girl was challenging enough for his father, but the fact that she was Spyridon Plinth's daughter elevated it to another level. Indila knew she had to do something.

"Listen, darling, I'm saying something. I know you're young and in love, but I'd like you to hear me," Indila began. Crassus nodded, and she took his hand. "When you're young, everything seems to fit when you love someone. But you mentioned getting married, and you are so young, as she must be. This is a serious commitment. It's not that easy. Take some time to truly think about it."

Crassus was stubborn, displaying an unsatisfied expression. "You were very young when you got married. You and Dad have a beautiful family and love each other the most." Indeed, Coriolanus and Indila could win a prize when it came to acting like everything was okay for their children. "But look, your dad was almost thirty. It's not about age; it's about getting to know each other. That's what builds a solid relationship." Indila couldn't believe her own words; getting to know Coriolanus was, in fact, what had strained their relationship. She prayed he wouldn't be listening to their conversation now. Crassus wasn't happy with her position, and she could tell he expected her to be supportive, as she always was. However, Indila knew her husband well enough to understand that this might not end well.

"Sleep on it, honey. Take this day away from her to think about it. I love you, and I just want you to be happy. In any case, there are plenty of girls here in your home, the Capitol." Crassus knew that, so he thanked her with a smile.

The next day, the entire family gathered to watch the reaping ceremony, except Coriolanus. He always mentioned that he would spend much time looking at the tributes, as he didn't need to watch it, and announced he would be working in the office. Two career tributes volunteered for District 1, as usual. Indila disliked watching this, but Coriolanus had influenced her children, and unfortunately, they loved the Games.

For District 2, two career tributes should also volunteer, as they did every year. However, when it was announced that it was the girls' turn, nobody raised their hand. That was strange. The host took a piece of paper from the glass container.

"Aurora Plinth." A beautiful girl started walking in the stage direction. Crassus screamed as if something had been carved through his chest. He left the room crying, leaving Elana and Incipium looking confused. Indila told them to stay in the room and that she would be back soon. She followed Crassus to Coriolanus's office, and he opened the door with kicks.

When Indila entered the room, Coriolanus held a serene expression, and Crassus was falling apart, screaming something even he wouldn't be capable of understanding. Coriolanus remained calm, and Indila was disgusted. He had never done anything to hurt her children, and she thought he was incapable of it.

"Son, sometimes things happen for the best," Coriolanus said, trying to maintain a calm demeanor. Crassus was furious. "Did you do that?" he questioned, feeling betrayed, and Indila could feel his pain. "Crassus, she is not like us," Coriolanus responded. "How could you? I loved her. She's never making it out of this alive. How could you?" Every word from Crassus was filled with anguish. Indila remained silent, knowing she would talk to Coriolanus later.

"Son, I could never let you mix our blood with someone like her. You are a Snow," Coriolanus explained. Crassus chuckled, unable to stop sobbing. He nodded his head. "Okay, Dad, I understand. That's all that means to you, blood..." Indila could sense Crassus using his last bit of strength to try to hurt his father as much as he had hurt him. "Count on Elana and Incipium to continue your flawless lineage. I will never give this satisfaction to you, ever."

Crassus left, slamming the door shut before Coriolanus could respond. Indila was as furious as her son. "Do you fucking realize what you've done, Coriolanus?" she yelled. They didn't have many arguments like this, but when it involved her children, it was different—especially when he had promised.

"Yes, I saved our family from disgusted outsiders," Coriolanus replied calmly, even while reading some papers on his desk. "I'm an outsider, in case you can't remember that," Indila retorted. Coriolanus remained composed, insisting, "It's not the same, my love. You, as a noble, that girl was dirty from the districts." He would never understand.

"Coriolanus, he will never get over this girl. You have cursed our child to the same pitiful fate as yours." Coriolanus looked at Indila with curiosity, and she continued, "He will be in love with a ghost forever. It doesn't matter how many girls he meets; he will never be happy again. I was talking to him; he would give up. I know my son." Indila could tell Coriolanus was now angry—not about his son, of course, but about her affirming that he was in love with a ghost. "I was never in love with her." Indila couldn't believe she was right. "So tell me, Coriolanus, if I go to your side of the closet, open the fourth drawer, and then the box in there, what will I find?" Coriolanus remained silent, and Indila wouldn't be surprised if she didn't wake up tomorrow. "Spread your empty lies for those who don't know you, Coriolanus. I know you too well, unfortunately." He continued reading the papers on his desk, ignoring Indila. "I will calm our son down. Don't you ever mess with my children again."