"No," I replied bitterly, tears welling up in my eyes. "I'm a fool, Draco. I believed her, defended her to Hermione and Harry. I hate her, but why does her being in Azkaban hurt? I should be celebrating, reveling in her downfall, but I can't."

Draco drew me into a tight embrace, "Emmy," he whispered, "You're not a fool, my love. You loved her despite everything. It's okay to feel conflicted."

He gently tilted my chin up, meeting my gaze with unwavering gray eyes. "You don't have to handle it alone, love. I'm here for you, through everything. We face it together, remember?"

I nodded my head as I continued to embrace him. I love my Draco, I truly do, and I'm grateful to have him by my side during this confusing and tumultuous time.

We headed back inside, going into his room to unpack our stuff, until Cissy knocked and entered the room.

"The Dark Lord would like to speak to the three of you tonight. I already told Theo, and he's getting ready. Make sure you wear black to the meeting."

My heart sank, and I looked at Draco with worried eyes.

"It's okay, I'll be with you. Everything will be okay," he reassured me, but I read his mind, and I knew he was lying, which didn't help my anxiety.

I took a deep breath and changed into my clothing, waiting until it was time.

Draco held my hand tightly as we made our way down to the meeting. My eyes widened at the ominous gathering, and fear sent shivers down my spine. Taking a deep breath, I composed myself, putting on a serious face.

Voldemort acknowledged our presence with a chilling greeting. "Ah, Malfoy and the Nott twins," he said, sending shivers down my spine.

"Wonderful for you three to join us," he added, and I kept my face neutral, avoiding eye contact with Theo and Draco.

"Today we will be having a ceremony to welcome our new followers."

My breath hitched as I squeezed Draco's hand, sensing the impending danger.

"But, I would only need two to fill in the spot for your disgraceful parents. So, Nott twins, figure out who would want to step up."

I glanced at Theo, realizing he knew what I was thinking. Before I could speak, he beat me to it. "I would like to step up, my lord," he said.

"Very well, but ahh, what do we have here," Voldemort continued, looking at Draco and me.

"Lovers, I presume?"

We quickly let go of our hands, and Draco responded nervously, "Y-Yes, my lord."

"Very well. I will have Malfoy and the female Nott twin join, and I will assign them an important task."

"No!" Theo and Draco protested simultaneously.

"YOU DARE SPEAK TO ME IN THAT TONE!" Voldemort screamed, slamming the table.

"I apologize, my lord, but I think Theo and I would work best together on the task. Wouldn't making Emilia Jane be a conflict of interest?" Draco suggested.

"I am perfectly capable of performing well, my lord," I finally spoke.

"Ah, I love the confidence, just like your mother. Such a shame she was caught; I was ready to promote her," Voldemort remarked, causing a tense pause.

"I will dismiss everyone, and you two decide who will be chosen. Then, come to me, and we will go ahead with the ceremony. If nobody comes tonight, both will die alongside the rest of your family, and the Nott bloodline will be done with."

I glanced over at Theo as everyone cleared out, receiving a glare from him.

"Mr. Malfoy, you stay," Voldemort ordered, making me stop in my tracks.

"It's okay, I'll be okay. Just please, I don't want you to see," Draco said, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

Outside the closed door, Theo turned to me, frustration written all over his face. "You're crazy, Emilia. What were you thinking?"

"I can't let Draco do this alone, let alone my own brother. I can't let you go through that, Theo. We're fortunate he only wants one of us. Let me do it," I pleaded.

"No, and that's final," Theo insisted.

Draco's screams echoed through the manor as he received the Dark Mark. I flinched, my heart aching. Theo hugged me, offering comfort, but I couldn't shake the determination.

"This is why I need to do it, Theo. I can't stand you being in pain and going through all of that. You're my brother."

"No, Emilia. Like I said, it will be me. No questions, or else he will kill us," Theo declared firmly.

Theo went back to his room, leaving me standing alone in the dim corridor. I felt a heavy weight in my chest, torn between the choices that lay ahead. Soon after, Draco stormed off with tears in his eyes, leaving me standing there, grappling with the harsh reality of the decisions we were forced to make.

I made my decision. I marched in there, slamming the door shut. Draco screamed after me, desperately trying to stop me, "NO!"

"Ahh, Emilia, it's wonderful to see the smarter twin step forward." He stated

"Bella hold her down, this will just sting a little," Draco's aunt grabbed me and pinned my arm down.

Emilia Jane Nott, will you serve me as one of my followers and do whatever I ask, no questions asked?"

"Yes, my Lord," I respond

"And do you understand that failure to complete the tasks will result in instant death?"

"Yes, my lord"

"Very well then"

I kept reminding myself who I was doing this for. My family. My Draco. As he pointed his wand to my arm, my screams echoed through the halls.