he's trying his best

You wake up and tommy's gone. Its honestly for the better. You enjoy alone time in the morning. You look at the handcuffs. You could just break you thumbs then run again if you want to but then Luda wouldn't care if tommy hurt you or not. He'd probably catch you again anyway. You'd need a really thought out plan to escape. Tommy comes in the room with a bowl and a bouquet of milkweed. He puts the bouquet on your chest and feeds you. It's a nice gesture, an overused gesture but it's still sweet. "Thank you, tommy." You say. He smiles and kisses your cheek. You blush a little. It's nice having someone dotting over you, you have to admit. No ones ever gotten you flowers mainly cause you're a man so you're expected to give the flowers. He hugs you tightly then leaves once more. At least he's trying unlike you friends uses to do with their girlfriends. It's like they just decided that they were dating but never actually having a relationship. How is a serial killer better than them? It's just flowers but that's still more than what they did. Tommy comes back with a leash and collar. You're stunned. "Uh, what's that for?" You ask. He ties to put the collar on your neck but you kick him off. "I'm not wearing a collar." You state. He sighs and takes the handcuff off one of your wrists and puts its cuff on himself. "That's better." You say. He takes you downstairs and outside. The sun is bright and it's hot as hell. He leads you along the side of the road and to an abandoned slaughterhouse. The livestock is surprisingly alive and well. Tommy must be keeping them fed, that's kinda cute. You both sit down and sit back on a cow. He holds you close and gently rubs your back. It's very relaxing. He seems to be trying to show you his softer side, his less murderous side. Or he's trying to recreate the first time you met him in your past life. He grabs a picnic basket from behind the cow. It's filled with some water, sandwiches, chips and a book. The book is familiar, it's not one of your friend's but you definitely seen it before. It hits you, it's a book from elementary school. You remember reading it, it was your first chapter book. You grab the book. Tommy smiles at you. "I remember when I read this before, have you ever read it?" You ask. He shakes his head. "You have to read it!" You shout excitedly. He gets an embarrassed look. "Do you know how to read?" You ask. He awkwardly shrugs. "I guess you're more brawn than brain." You say jokingly. You open the book and read a few chapters to him before your stomach growls. He unwraps a sandwich for you. "Thank you, Tommy." You say grabbing the sandwich. It's the same meat from the stew but cut like lunch meat. You eat it and hide your disgust well. He opens a bag of chips and you both munch. You take a few sips from a water bottle before you both leave. He takes you to the town park. The grass is dead and looks like the trees are following suit. There's a small lake that's green and very dirty. You see on of those swan boats that dirty with chipping paint that makes it look decrepade. Tommy takes you to the boat. "Are you sure safe?" You ask nervously. He nods happily. He helps you on. It's a pedal one but Tommy takes on that job. You look at the murky water, you can see some tadpoles. The scenaray is ok, it probably would have been better if the place was alive and well kept. You feel water on your feet. "Are we sinking?" You ask worryingly. He shakes his head but the water keeps flowing in. He holds grabs you and holds you up as he walks back to land. The head of the swan sticks out of the waters. He sits you down in the grass and starts smacking his head in frustration. " hey, it's ok." You say, trying to make him feel better. He has been really nice today and it doesn't hurt to return the favor. You put your hand on his shoulder. "It was a really nice gesture, tommy." You say, looking into his eyes. He stops smacking himself and just lays back. You hear a crook next to you. You look over to see a frog. You pick it up and put it on tommy's forehead. He grabs it and puts it back on the ground. You pick it up again and put it on his chest with a chuckle. He takes it off. You repeat this for a few minutes before he finally sits up. You burst out laughing at his annoyed expression. He can't help but smile at your laughter. He picks you back up and goes back home. He changes out of his wet clothes and cuddles with you until you fall asleep.