Banned in the USA

Julius pants as the lift doors slam shut behind him. He waits for ten seconds for the shoe to drop and Mr. D to attack. No attack comes. Julius takes a deep breath and summons one of his Beatles. He drops it onto the ground and releases its prisoner.

Johana appears before him, sitting crosslegged with her eyes closed. Her eyes snap open and, in an instant, she rises to her feet and grabs him by the throat. "Hello, Johana. You seem happy," he wheezes.

"I don't like being kept in a ball very much," she says, digging her nails into his skin.

"Your girlfriend will be upset if you break my neck."

Johana sighs and drops Julius. He falls to his knees and gasps. "Where's Kan?" Johana says, crossing her arms.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"We were attacked and separated by a group of assailants. I am not aware of her present whereabouts."

Johana scowls at him. "Then, let's go find her," she says, reaching for the door button.

Julius runs his hand across the floor buttons, hitting every single floor. Johana grabs his hand and rips it back, but she's too late. The lift begins ascending.

"Why did you do that?" she snaps.

Julius tugs and slips his hand out of her tight grip. "I only have the one hand and I need it to fight, so I'd prefer if you didn't break it," he mumbles.

"You pressed all of the floor buttons. What are you, ****-years-old?" Johana says.

"What?"

The door opens to the second floor. Julius stares at Johana. "How did you make that noise?" he asks.

"What noise?"

"That high-pitched screech!"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Why did you press the lift buttons?"

"What? Oh. I was attacked on the first floor. Thus, it is preferable to hide on another floor. The variety pressed was done to ensure the enemy ***** ***** is unable to track us."

The lift opens to the third floor. Johana hits the close door button and stares at Julius. "Why are your curse words being bleeped?" she asks.

"What curse words? I did not say anything offensive."

"You called the attacker an enemy bleep bleep."

"No, I did not. I called him an enemy ***** ****."

"All I heard when you said those last two words was a bleep. Like when I said you were acting like a ****-year-old, presumably. I assume this is the work of an enemy bleep bleep."

"Wait a minute, I've seen this before. This is the work of ********."

"What?"

"His name is ********. I've encountered his ***** before. It is very annoying. It allows him to select specific words and prevent them from being understood."

The door opens to the fourth floor. Julius glances out to see a long hallway. A man with a rifle stands at the end of the hallway, his gun aimed at the lift.

Mr. D fires. Julius isn't quick enough to react, but Johana is. Her Stand, Twisted Sister, appears in the doorway and catches the bullet between its fingers. Julius kicks the close button and the lift ascends to the fifth floor.

Back on the fourth, Mr. D loads another bullet. A man pops his head out of his hotel room. "Is everything alright? I heard a loud noise. Sounded like an explosion," he says.