-𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄

Start from the beginning

Instantly, her body was filled with the warmth that never left him, not even in the coldest of nights. Luke chuckled, Hypnoses quickly took them afterwards, both of them dreaming of running away and not saying goodbye to anyone at camp, leaving no traces that they'd ever existed, just the memories of who they once were.

Luke often wondered what would've happened if they actually ran away before Kronos had given the boy a reason to stay and fight, if she where to ask him again, if she where to stroke the scar on his cheek as she did it making him feel like he was just broken and Izzy could fix him, he'd wouldn't even think about saying no.

Meanwhile Isabell was close to spilling her guts out due to the stench from the bathroom toilet she was sitting right next to. She understood she had to sit there to hide their demigod smell, but it still made her face turn green. She gave Annabeth a deadly glare as she had the pretty window seat, it sucked being the oldest.

"There is no way this is what sacred smells like." Percy cringed as a man walked out from the bathroom, making the bus smell even worse.

"We're soldiers on a mission. It's not a vacation." Annabeth rolled her eyes at the boy and how he complained so much.

"Thank you for clearing that up." Percy replied back, Isabell groaned at being right in the middle of their bickering, whilst Grover could choose to ignore them. "But if this is so important, why didn't Chiron spring for plane tickets? This seems kind of low priority, doesn't it?"

"Sorry, I assumed someone had told you." Grover sighed.

"Tell me what?" Percy demanded.

"Percy, it isn't just the monsters who are going to be trying to stop us. You and Isabell are forbidden children, Zues might decide to take a shot at you both himself. The sky is his domain. We'd be serving you up on a silver platter to try to travel through it." Grover informed him, Izzy hated most of the gods but Zeus was definitely number one on her list for his hypocrisy. He was allowed to have forbidden children but god forbid his brothers do.

"Yeah, no one mentioned that." Percy frowned and shook his head.

Isabell pulled her walkman out of her pocket, starting the tape Carlos had given her and letting herself be surrounded by her and her mom's favourite band, abba. When Izzy's mom was pregnant with her, she used to put headphones on her belly and constantly played abba for her, so you could say the girl has been a fan for day one.

It wasn't smart of her to just block everything out around her, a monster could attack the bus and she'd be humming along to dancing queen. But if she was going to get through this quest, she needed moments like this.

As the girl got older, the memories of her mom started to disappear as she started to make new ones. That's why she didn't like making friends, she knew there wasn't enough space to share between them and her mom. Isabell felt like she was betraying her, how she went on living after she disappeared. How she was to scared to leave camp and look for her own mother, it disgusted her how much of a coward she is.

Annabeth clapped her hands in front of the older girls face, Isabell jumped and pulled the headphones off her head. "I've called your name like 15 times."

"Sorry, Annie. What's up?" Isabell rubbed her eyes not realising she had fallen asleep, and that the coach had now stopped.

"I'm gonna go get us some snacks, want anything in particular?" Annabeth asked climbing over her.

Izzy sighed as she tried to think of the chocolate stars her mom always bought her for after school,"I'll just come in with you."

"Me too." Percy added getting out of his seat.