-𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄

☠︎︎"I'm not like him

☠︎︎"I'm not like him. I don't want to be fucking feared."︎☠︎︎

ISABELL FOUND IT AMUSING that the first time she'd ever step foot in New York would be with children that she was supervising, she always thought it would be her mom. She always talked about taking her around the world, just the two of them, like they thought it would always be. Izzy wanted to see every part of the world, she and Luke always joked about leaving camp and running away together, well she always thought it was a joke.

Luke was serious, he wanted to escape from the mistreatment and blatant disrespect from the gods. He knew if he kept on running they'd never be able to catch him, and as long as he was with Isabell he could keep running. He'd be able to leave with her beside him and they'd never look back.

"Let's run away together." Isabell turned her head that rested right beside Luke's. His tear-stained cheeks had been dried by the girl's thumbs to the best of her ability, he had another nightmare and snuck away to her cabin for the comfort she loved to give him.

"Huh?" Luke asked, his voice groggy and his eyes barely open. He was so exhausted he didn't know if she was serious, either way, it got him to smile.

"Just me and you, travelling across the world, we can pretend we're orphans, we won't have anything but each other." Izzy hummed, the idea was appealing to her as she had always wanted to do that with her mom, but she would never have the chance to anymore. That was till she met Luke, he made her feel like the world wasn't so bad after all.

"Where would we go angel?" The boy whispered, playing into her little fantasy that he wanted to make real.

"First we'd go Disneyland and Universal Studios, i've always wanted to go back since my mom took me when I was six, I was too little to go on the big scary rides then but I'm pretty sure I'm tall enough now." She let out a small laugh, Luke nodded and smiled like he knew what she was going on about, she could talk about going to an island full of snakes and he'd follow her, she made every beautiful and kind.

"Then we'd go somewhere where it's always hot, like the Bahamas, Mexico... oh! And Dubai!" Isabell yawned, the sight of her eyes dropping made the boy look at her fully in awe.

"I like the sound of that." Luke laughed lightly, his arm slowly moving around her back, his thumb gently caressing her scarred skin, bringing Izzy closer to the heat his body radiated. Her heart fluttered at the action, his touch instantly sent shivers down her spine.

She usually hated when people made the scar on her back obvious that it existed, but whenever Luke touched her all she could think about was him.

"Good, because I wasn't asking." The girl giggled, before fully attaching herself to his chest as if it was a magnetic force that did it. The smell of campfire smoke that stained his clothes filled her nose, he could sent her into a deep sleep just from his scent.