661-665

Chapter 661— Unexpected Accusations

Xiang Lan wiped away her tears with a handkerchief, her voice trembling as she spoke, "I was instructed to bring Third Miss to the front hall to meet Master and Madam, and we happened to meet Second Miss on the way."

"Second Miss stepped forward to greet Third Miss, but instead of appreciating it, Third Miss spoke ill of Second Miss. This angered Second Miss, and they got into an argument. No one expected that Third Miss would suddenly take a whip and start whipping Second Miss."

"We tried to intervene, but instead of listening, Third Miss turned the whip on us as well. I... I didn't dare to defy Third Miss, but if I didn't step in to help, Second Miss would have been beaten to death!"

With Nalan Zhengze and Nalan Ziyun present, Xiang Lan's fear disappeared. She saw an opportunity to get rid of He Xi, whom she had already offended, and since the young master didn't like Third Sister, it seemed like the perfect plan.

Nalan Ziyun, with a hint of glee in his eyes, turned to Nalan Feixue's maids and asked, "Is Xiang Lan telling the truth?"

These maids were loyal to Nalan Feixue, so they naturally wouldn't deny it. They added fuel to the fire, further accusing He Xi of her crimes.

Nalan Ziyun concealed his smile and looked at He Xi with feigned sadness. "Third Sister, even if you don't like Second Sister, how could you beat your own sister on your first day in the mansion? Your reckless actions will surely lead Father to cast you out of the Nalan Mansion."

He Xi seemed to smile as she observed Nalan Ziyun's excellent performance, but she remained silent.

Nalan Zhengze furrowed his brow and asked He Xi, "Is this really what happened?"

Instead of answering, He Xi sneered at Nalan Feixue, who was lying on the ground. "Second Sister, there's no need to pretend. If you don't want me in the Nalan Mansion, I will leave. Why put on such a show and make yourself suffer?"

She then calmly turned to Nalan Zhengze and spoke slowly, "Father, you know better than anyone else. I'm just a useless person with no cultivation. How could I have beaten Second Sister?"

"Since everyone claims that I whipped Second Sister, can Father show me the wounds on her and the whip marks I supposedly left?"

He Xi's tone was completely different from her previous timidity. She exuded confidence and determination, showing no signs of panic.

This made Nalan Zhengze suspicious.

He squatted down to examine Nalan Feixue's body and found no whip marks at all. His spiritual power didn't detect anything unusual either. It was clear that she had a healthy body with no signs of injury.

He Xi chuckled, "Since Father, Brother, and Second Sister dislike my presence in the Nalan Mansion so much, I believe it's best for me to leave. I wouldn't want to be condemned for hurting Second Sister today and accused of being unfilial tomorrow."

Nalan Zhengze's face darkened, and he glared at Nalan Feixue and Xiang Lan. "What is the meaning of this? Second Miss isn't injured at all. Did you two collude to deceive me? Do you think I can be easily fooled?"

Upon hearing this, Xiang Lan became confused. She rushed to pick up Nalan Feixue's arm and checked it, her voice trembling, "It's impossible! I saw Third Miss's whip land on Second Miss's arm with my own eyes. There should definitely be scars. Master, look..."

Chapter 662— Exposing False Accusations

Nalan Feixue's sleeves were lifted, revealing her flawless, unmarked skin. There were no whip marks to be found.

Xiang Lan broke into a cold sweat, her eyes filled with panic and disbelief. "No... it can't be! I saw it with my own eyes. Didn't all of you see it too?"

Nalan Feixue, still in pain all over her body, tearfully clung to Nalan Zhengze's clothes. "Father, please help me. It hurts so much... because that wretched girl hit me. Father, you have to stand up for me!"

She cried miserably, but her face was flushed, her spiritual energy stable, and there were no visible scars on her body. She didn't look like a seriously injured person at all.

Nalan Zhengze, a fourth-rank doctor, couldn't possibly have made a mistake in assessing someone's injuries, could he? He felt a sense of being deceived wash over him, and anger replaced his embarrassment. He forcefully shook off Nalan Feixue's hand. "Shut up! Are you addicted to fooling your father now?"

Pointing at Nalan Feixue's maid, he commanded, "What are you all waiting for? Take your Miss back to her room. Isn't she ashamed enough to stay here?"

The servants were filled with panic. They didn't dare to delay any longer and quickly supported Nalan Feixue, who was still crying, and escorted her away.

Mai Xiang glanced at Xiang Lan's bewildered expression and pouted. "Miss, I think we should go back. Although the courtyard may be a bit shabby, at least no one will provoke you there."

"So many people in this house dislike you. Even a maid can frame you at will. I believe it's pointless for you to stay."

Nalan Zhengze's face darkened, and his fierce gaze fell upon Xiang Lan. He bellowed in a deep voice, "Drag this maid who framed her mistress away. Disable her cultivation and give her a severe punishment!"

Xiang Lan trembled, raising her head in disbelief. As she looked into Nalan Zhengze's cold and cruel eyes, fear surged through her like a tidal wave.

"Young Master, Young Master, please help! I won't dare anymore! I won't do it again. Young Master, please beg Father for mercy on my behalf!"

Desperately, Xiang Lan threw herself in front of Nalan Ziyun, pleading for his assistance.

Nalan Ziyun's face also turned grim, but he helplessly said, "You offended Third Miss. It's futile to seek my help. However, I believe Third Miss is a kind-hearted person, so there may be a chance for her to forgive you."

Xiang Lan immediately understood and turned to He Xi. She knelt before her, slapping herself in the face. "Third Miss, I was consumed by evil thoughts, which led me to frame Miss. Please have mercy and spare my life. Wuwuwu... Third Miss, please spare my life!"

He Xi looked at Nalan Ziyun with a smile and spoke slowly, "Younger brother is truly compassionate, even willing to plead for his maid. But when your sister was being framed just now, why didn't you say anything in her defense?"

Before Nalan Ziyun could respond, Nalan Zhengze's face turned even darker. He spoke coldly, "Why are you all still standing there? Drag this despicable maid away! Don't let her disgust Third Miss any longer!"

Soon, a manservant from the Nalan Mansion rushed forward and forcefully dragged away the sobbing Xiang Lan.

Nalan Ziyun gazed in the direction where Xiang Lan disappeared, his eyes filled with a dark light. His resentment towards He Xi grew even stronger.

Nalan Zhengze looked at He Xi, his expression now somewhat amiable. "He Xi, now that you have returned to the Nalan Mansion, you will naturally be the Third Miss of the household."