Chapter IV: To End in the Morge

I stare blankly at the name, Caym Heath... He served about his whole life, must have had a good record, and really f*cking smart. Not anyone gets to protect our good old president.

"So how long do we need to drive for Morge?" He looked at me, not very happy.

"I told you I hate that name... Morge, like who wants a name like that." 

"Well, all soldiers like us get the name for it or end up in it. What do you choose?" I asked he was silent.

"I know, I'm wife wouldn't be happy to the last one." Morgan responded. 

"Yes, yes... How's the kids?" 

"Dorathy's now 11 and Jacobs 12, so you know how it could be." 

"Kids... Hassle."

"But I finally get to use my knowledge and skills to help a good friend." As he bumps my shoulder.

"Hey, the two of you... Ace and I decide to pull off and bunker down, is that wise your majesties?" Silverback said in the comms. Me and Morgan look at each other. 

"Yeah, sure, just make sure to be ready at the ass of dawn boys." I responded.

"Hell yeah, we're drinking." I hear Ace in the comms background. 

"Kk, let's pull off in the woods then... Right there." I signaled Morgan.

        He pulled into the tall trees where if not for the lights, it would just be darkness. I hear a click from the radio, which meant Ace and Silverback will shut down, which also means they are going to get drunk. I just pull down my seat and close my eyes.

"Well, guess I'll be hearing you in the morning, Ray." Morgan said to me, also falling asleep in his seat.

"Affirmative, night, man." I turned to sleep.

        I tossed and turned trying to sleep, I just got up from my seat, looked to Morgan, snoring soundly, I turned to my window dazed, and I saw a bright light towards where Ace and Silverback parked. I open my door and then close it, I walk to the brightness to then realize it was fire.

        I yelled out and started to sprint to the fire, and in that instant, I started running it went dark. No fire? just nothing, something was wrong. I turned around back to the truck, and it was no longer there. I was confused and couldn't think now. I heard the rustling of sparks snapping... behind me.

        As I turned, there was only fire surrounding me. I was back at outpost C, I started coughing hard dropping to the ground watching the tower burning down, I heard my name being called out from my right I look in the direction where there were tents also burning, it was my first Lieutenant, reaching for me from the fire. I was coughing too much to crawl to him. 

        I coughed blood again, starting to hyperventilate, I started to see my Lt turn to Char. I stumbled, trying hard to reach out to the open flame. Until my hand was pressed down by someone foot, I looked up, coughing blood. I shadowed man like the one back at Elias estate. He added more pressure to my hand, and I coughed profusely.

"Your role in this past due Sergeant Rivers." The shadowed man said to me as I heard a click of a gun. 

        I look up, seeing a 9-caliber aimed between my eyes, I slowly shut my eyes, and a bang... I opened my eyes; I was back in the truck. No fire, no shadowed man, just me and Morgan. I would know I couldn't sleep after that no matter how brief it was, I stayed up until dawn.

Morgan shifted upwards. "Man... You're already up then." I nodded with bags under my eyes.

"I'm going to go wake up the other two. I bet you and me are going to drive because the idiots drank too much." I nodded again, opening the car door.