A Legend's Comeback

Start from the beginning

"I hoped that lesson spared him some humility, but I guess I was mistaken..." Azazel internally remarks with a scoff upon his face. He felt Kokabiel deserved enough of a punishment from that, and felt it pointless to rub in the salt even further. Guess a...harsher hand will be in order here to settle things out. 

"Not that we aren't thankful for your information, what exactly do you seek to do with us?" Vergil's polite, yet cold voice cuts through the conversation. Azazel snaps out of his musings as he stares at the half-demon twins in front of him.

"Merely your help when the time comes. I suggest you both watch yourself, especially with the weight that carries with your name." Warns the Governor-General.

While humans are no stranger to holding a grudge, the supernatural have a higher and longer propensity to do so as well. After all, not only do they live longer which gives more time for those kinds of feelings to fester, but also they have esoteric powers to act upon those feelings of resentment. 

Dante gives a flippant laugh. "Oh believe me, we know what we're about to get ourselves into the moment we got involved in this whole debacle." 

It doesn't take long for Azazel to recognize the meaning behind those words. They don't carry themselves as someone who's wet behind the ears regarding the supernatural or at least, someone who isn't just a fighter.

Despite it happening years ago, he can still recall Vali's expression when he ran away from his father and grandfather. The rain that bore down that day, and the exhausted look on his face as he fell down on his floor, having lost the will to continue. A shadow of that expression holds over their faces, a hint of resignation laced within the expression of indifference.

Where exactly was Sparda when they were born? Unlikely as it may be, he may have not even been there throughout their lives, or only there for a small portion of it, and they weren't there when they needed him the most. Sparda was many things, and abusive was not one of those qualities.

Having not only the blood of a human, but also that of a demon...The demons may have seen them as abominations due to their humanity while humans potentially feared their existence due to being part-demon.

An existence where both races rejected them due to just being born. A plight no one deserves, but forced upon them nonetheless.

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt for them to actually have some connections they can use. It wouldn't hurt to learn how to navigate this world, and handle things in a way that may not revolve around drawing their weapons.

"Dante. You're already a student at Kuoh Academy, right?" Azazel asks him, who replies with a nod.

"I'm gonna need you to keep a closer eye on someone who may have a Sacred Gear. Most likely there's someone that's bound to have one on their side, if dormant." 

Good things he explained what they are to the twins, lest all they would do is give him confused looks.

"I think I may have found him. Some kid named Issei Hyoudou. Felt like there's something...off about him. Like I detected something draconic." Dante recalls, cupping a hand on his chin.

"Dragon? Heh, guess things really are ramping up after all." Azazel mentally says with a smirk. Albion has already been awakened, and it doesn't make sense for him to go somewhere else unless its previous wielder expired. 

"Looks like it hasn't been awakened, though. Dude's way too busy looking at a girl's chest as his hobby. Hopefully my advice has brought some merit." He sighs out with a small chuckle.

Vergil gives his twin brother a look of annoyance. "So a wielder of one of God's divine miracles is in the hands of a lecher. I...can't say I have faith in that."