Chapter 5

Amidst the laughter, the conversation shifted to the upcoming engagement. Arjun shared his excitement about his fiancée, Rhea, who brought a radiant energy to the Raizada family.

Rhea, a lively and charming woman, joined the discussion. "I can't wait to officially become a part of this wonderful family. Aahat, your plans for the engagement sound perfect!"

Aahat, momentarily distracted from her friendly dispute with Kabir, smiled at Rhea. "Thank you, Rhea. It's going to be a beautiful celebration."

———————————————————————&

Late into the night, Aahat found herself poring over the final details for Arjun's engagement. The room was filled with the soft glow of her laptop, and the scent of fresh flowers mingled with the comforting hum of city life outside.

Feeling a gnawing hunger, she decided to order food for the dedicated staff working tirelessly to ensure Arjun's engagement would be flawless. With a tired sigh, Aahat dialed the number for the kitchen, only to be met with an apologetic voice on the other end.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. The kitchen is closed for the night."

Frowning at the inconvenience, Aahat glanced at the clock. Realizing the hour, she decided to visit the kitchen herself, a place that was often a solace for her during late nights.

As she went to to the kitchen, little did she know that Kabir, was feeling the same so he decided to cook some poha in order to not disturb anyone.

After a while he was done and just as he was about to eat he got a call so he left the kitchen to his room to talk.

On the other side!!!

In the quiet kitchen, Aahat discovered a plate of poha, waiting for her on the counter. Absently, she picked up a spoon and took a bite, savoring the unexpected flavor. Lost in her thoughts, she failed to notice Kabir's entrance into the kitchen.

Leaning against the doorframe with a playful smirk, Kabir remarked, "Is my cooking really irresistible that it made you forget your hate for poha?"

Aahat, startled, looked up and found Kabir standing there, the architect of this late-night surprise. She blinked in surprise before a small smile played on her lips. "Well, maybe I've underestimated your culinary skills. This poha is surprisingly good."

Kabir chuckled, pleased with her reaction. As they shared a spontaneous meal in the quiet kitchen, the night unfolded with a subtle shift in their dynamic.