𝖮𝗎𝗋 𝖧𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗌 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖨𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗍𝗐𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝖳𝗈𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 ~ 𝖢𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗂𝗌𝗌𝖾 𝖫𝖺 𝖱.

Start from the beginning

"I bet, y/n, your girlfriend misses you too." Her mom teases her daughter, laughing when Clarisse intensely blushes at the mention of you. "Come on, I'll drop you off at her apartment."

A few hours ago, you talked with Clarisse's mom over the phone, briefly catching up with your ongoing lives. Little did you know that Clarisse was there, listening to the conversation, an easygoing smile rested upon her face at your voice. Clarisse wanted to surprise you, and with her mom's help, they conjured up a plan.

It was a regular Friday night for you, watching cheesy romantic movies and eating greasy pizza. The thought of your girlfriend made the movie a little worthwhile, but not enough to actually be blessed with her presence.

You refused to live with adoptive families, and your parents agreed in a consensus, aware that you were mature enough to have the decency to live alone. Living in an apartment by yourself, granted by your parents, they paid the bills and gave you money to spend on necessities for both life and school, with a monthly allowance for your pampering.

Like concerned godly parents, they randomly checked up on you, just to make sure you're doing alright, with no school-related stress whatsoever. An unforgettable visit was when you told them about Clarisse, your secret girlfriend at the time, and they were so ecstatic that you felt annoyed. Since then, your parents laid down some ground rules for whenever Clarisse spent quality alone time with you.

Maybe, it would have been less embarrassing for you if Clarisse wasn't right there beside you, intimidated by your parents and Aunt Nyx. At least, the first dinner wasn't as awkward as that encounter, you kept the conversation light and your beloved girlfriend was too nervous. Her anticipation withered away by seeking comfort from your conjoined hands underneath the table, squeezing your hand every so often.

Your mother, Persephone saw a bit of Clarisse in her, the constant need to protect her loved ones, already viewing Clarisse in a different light. Neglecting the formalities of the 'meeting your girlfriend's parents' dinner stereotype, classifying the Ares girl as her future daughter-in-law, causes your girlfriend to be a blushing mess.

Aunt Nyx watched Clarisse's every move, silently and curiously, trying to decipher something about her. Whether she was good enough for her favorite niece or to predict if Clarisse was an immediate threat to you, and needed to be terminated. Whenever your girlfriend attempts to converse with her, the goddess keeps her words brief, not interested in small talk.

Worth noting that your girlfriend seemed to make a positive impression on Hades, your father, despite having just met her a few minutes ago. Surprisingly, he may have felt a certain fondness towards her, adoring that she's dating his youngest daughter.

By the end of the night, all Clarisse wanted to do was go to sleep, cuddled up all into your arms, completely exhausted by trying to impress your parents and aunt.

"My parents love you, Clary," The curly-haired places her face in your lap as you scratch her head, avoiding some noticeable knots. "I don't get it, what's the problem?"

"What about your aunt? She seems skeptical of me throughout the whole dinner."

"It takes some time for my Aunt Nyx to open up, but I'm sure you'll manage." You explain to her, "Besides you didn't even meet my siblings yet."

"There's more of you?!"

"Clary!" you exclaimed at her boldness, shoving her away from your lap. Her tone was sarcastic, intending it to be hilarious to ease the tension.