wrong ; drabble

Hayley couldn't believe it.

She couldn't believe that the guy she considered one of her best friends on the entire earth would turn on her, just like that. She couldn't believe she didn't see this coming, at all. She couldn't believe she was wrong about the kind of man he was. She couldn't believe there was nothing she could have said or done to change his mind. She couldn't believe that he had to be kicked out. But most of all… she couldn't believe the words that came out of Jeremy's mouth.

"I'm suing the band."

"What did you say?"

"You heard me."

They had been at odds ever since the Writing The Future Tour ended and it only got worse when they went back home. So when Jeremy asked to meet with Taylor and her for the first time in weeks, Hayley was feeling hopeful.

She thought he had finally come to his senses and wanted to fix things between them. After all, she believed they were just going through another rough patch in their friendship, that they would eventually apologize to each other and move on, just as they had before.

But she was wrong. She was so wrong.

There was no letting go this time. No going back to the way things were. Not when Jeremy only met with them so he could tell to their faces that he filed a lawsuit against Paramore and subsequently, Hayley. And their friendship might as well be over, just like the band.

Now admittedly, Taylor didn't get angry very often. Being famous meant he had to deal with a lot of clowns more often than not but he was not one to let it get to him. Actually, Hayley never really saw him this upset. She didn't even think it was possible for him to get this worked up over something.

But there he was, staring down at Jeremy, nostrils flared and jaw clenched.

"Get out."

"What?" Jeremy asked, momentarily taken aback by the hostility in Taylor's tone and stance.

"You heard me," Taylor pointed to the door and glared at him, "Get out. We're done."

Jeremy scoffed at him before looking over at Hayley, who was watching the exchange with a painful expression on her face. "Fine, I'll go. But you know what? You two are gonna regret this."

Jeremy stood up, grabbing his jacket and storming out of the room. The moment he was gone, Taylor turned to Hayley and after seeing the hurt in his eyes, she felt her own eyes well up with tears.

"I'm sorry. I ruin everything," she said, voice barely above a whisper.

Taylor looked at her for a moment before he leaned forward, pulling her into a tight hug and placing a kiss atop her ahead. "You don't ruin anything, Hayley. This is not your fault."

Hayley could feel her body relax as she snuggled into Taylor's chest, and she felt herself start to cry softly. He held her close for a few moments before he pulled back slightly and looked at her. "You okay?"

Hayley nodded, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I will be. I just need to get my head on straight, " she took a deep breath and let it out slowly, "Thank you, T..."

Taylor smiled sadly at her. He reached up and brushed a strand of hair from her face before leaning in to kiss her forehead. "We're going to get through this."

***

a/n:

double update to make it up to y'all.