(III) 'I hear you.'

The next day.

Yoongi parks his car next to the bus stop and stays in the car for an hour. He receives a call from Mrs Min.

Over the phone.

Mrs Min: Where are you?

Yoongi: Uh... Near the bus stop.

Mrs Min: What are you doing there?

Yoongi: Nothing... Just...

Mrs Min: Boy, we gotta go to the church. Get your arse over here. I don't wanna be late.

Yoongi: Okay, fine. I'll be there.

Mrs Min hangs up. Yoongi starts the engine and spots Jimin walking down the street. Yoongi clicks his tongue and begins to drive towards his house.

Shortly, Yoongi is driving Ji-Yoon and Mrs Min somewhere.

Mrs Min asks, 'Are you seeing someone, Yoongi?'
Yoongi answers, 'N-nope...'
Ji-Yoon says, 'I wonder where he was doing right in the morning.'
Yoongi says, 'I don't feel great. I was just getting some fresh air.'

Mrs Min says, 'Getting some fresh air... Brat! Pray to the Lord if something is bothering you. Getting fresh air won't help you.'
Ji-Yoon says, 'I'm sure that he's seeing someone.'
Mrs Min says, 'And if that's the case, you're telling me. I won't stand against your likes and dislikes but she has to be a Christian.'

Yoongi rolls his eyes and says, 'I hear you.'

Quite soon, Yoongi walks into the church with his family. He sits on a bench and helps his mother sit next to him. Ji-Yoon sits next to her and hides her hair with the shawl.

Yoongi looks lost in thought. He struggles to concentrate on the prayer.

In the evening, Yoongi parks the car next to the bus stop and sighs heavily. He waits for an hour and loses patience. He grabs his phone and begins to scroll.

Jimin spots Yoongi; the latter does not notice Jimin.

The next day.

Yoongi is talking to someone in front of a company. He smiles a little and walks off to the parking area.

He sits in the car and fastens his seatbelt. He starts the engine and receives a call from Ji-Yoon. He answers the call.

Over the phone.

Yoongi: Hello...

Ji-Yoon: Yoongi-Ichaya, I'm hanging out with Anju.

Yoongi: Anju Thomas?

Ji-Yoon: Yes. Archana is coming, too.

Yoongi: Okay.

Ji-Yoon: We are going for a movie.

Yoongi: At this hour?

Ji-Yoon: We were in the library, Yoongi-Ichaya.

Yoongi: Okay, text me the location when the movie ends. I'll pick you up.

Ji-Yoon: I can take a bus.

Yoongi: I'm picking you up. Am I understood?

Ji-Yoon: Yes...

Yoongi: Good. Make sure to tell Amma as well.

Ji-Yoon: Okay.

Yoongi: Bye.

Ji-Yoon: Mmm...

Ji-Yoon hangs up and Yoongi sighs in response. He drives to the bus stop and parks his car. He keeps staring at the street.

Jimin spots Yoongi and the latter notices him. Yoongi starts the engine and begins to drive as he curses under his breath.

The next day.

Ji-Yoon is talking to a girl in her classroom. Jimin walks to the door and looks at her.

Ji-Yoon notices Jimin; her smile drops in an instant. Jimin gestures asking her to come out of the classroom.

She walks out of the classroom and asks, 'What?'

He answers, 'I'm Jimin Park-'
She interrupts, 'I know.'
He says, 'Oh... How?'
She says, 'It doesn't matter. How can I help?'
He asks, 'Do you, by any chance, have a brother?'

She nods in response.

He asks, 'What does he do?'
She answers, 'He's a general manager at LCS.'
He says, 'Oh... Where are you all from?'
She says, 'We are from Daegu. Appan used to work at Samsung India. That was why we shifted here.'
He says, 'Oh...'

She asks, 'Why are you asking me all this?'
He answers, 'Uh... I heard that you're Korean, too... I just wanted to say "Hi".'
She says, 'No one says that I'm Korean. Everybody calls me Chinese here.'

He presses his lips tight and stands still.

She says, 'Drop your lies and tell me. What do you want?'
He says, 'Nothing.'
She asks, 'Don't you have a girlfriend already? What do you want then?'
He asks, 'What?'
She asks, 'Huh? What?'

He answers, 'N-nothing...'
She asks, 'Do you not have a girlfriend?'
He answers, 'N-no...'
She asks, 'What? Are you serious?'
He answers, 'Yeah...'

She frowns in response.

He asks, 'Is he seeing someone?'
She asks, 'Who? My brother?'
He answers, 'Yes.'
She says, 'He's up to something I don't know what.

The girl Ji-Yoon was talking to earlier walks to her and asks, 'What is it?'

Ji-Yoon answers, 'Nothing, Anju. Let's go.' and walks into the classroom with Anju.