Pearl feels so manipulated and confused. She hates him, but he has given her a life in the Capitol. No, he didn't. He killed your family.

"The contract that means you have to marry me."

Coriolanus returns to the dining table and grabs the ring. He stands so close to Pearl that she is physically afraid of removing her back from against the wall.

"I'll ask you again. Will you marry me, Pearl?"

Coriolanus is waiting for an answer impatiently. He might break any second if Pearl doesn't say yes.

Think about this logically, Pearl. Say yes and then escape. If you say no, he could kill you.

Pearl makes the hardest decision ever.

"Yes."

Coriolanus smiles, slipping the pearl ring onto her shaking finger. "Good choice."

It wasn't a good choice. This might be a seal to her life. If Pearl can't finally escape, she'll be bound to him forever. A bride that has no purpose but to fulfill his needs.

"Sit down."

Pearl sits uncomfortably in one of the chairs, rose petals sticking to her dress. She eats in silence until Coriolanus talks to her.

Dont speak unless spoken to.

Pearl isn't sure when to use the dagger, but now might be the right time. If she doesn't act soon, she'll only fall deeper down the rabbit hole.

"Coryo. When's the wedding?" Pearl asks softly, knowing that he likely planned everything himself before she even said yes.

"In three days."

This is why she had to do it tonight. Pearl only has three days until her life is sold.

"You're right, you know."

"Right about what?" Coriolanus questions.

"You have given me a lot."

Coriolanus smiles, and she can see the satisfaction spread across his face. He's so intelligent, yet so blinded by the fuel he gets from others praising him.

He thinks he has Pearl wrapped around his finger and that he's infiltrated her thoughts enough to make her hypnotized. But Pearl knows better.

"I have. I've only ever done everything for you to make you mine and give you the life you deserve."

Pearl is getting ready. She's preparing to do the thing she's always feared doing since one year ago. The dagger feels so right in her hand.

"Yeah, but you've also taken away the only things I ever did love."

The dagger levitates toward his chest. It flies through the air in one swift motion and lands on his skin. It pierces and blood begins to rush down Coriolanus's suit.

His lips part as he looks down at the hole in his suit in disbelief. Pearl knows that she doesn't have much time to escape. Coriolanus is very resilient when it comes to injuries.