28|runaway bride

PRESIDENT CORIOLANUS SNOW DID NOT SUCUMB TO HIS WOUNDS

PRESIDENT CORIOLANUS SNOW DID NOT SUCUMB TO HIS WOUNDS. In fact, his skin was brand new the next day. Within an hour of being locked in his own cell, guards came to his rescue.

The first thing he did though was to search for his precious Pearl. She was too quick, and had already left the Capitol before Coriolanus was found by his guards.

That didn't stop him from sending all of his men after her in a panic. Soldiers were being deployed all through the Capitol, until Coriolanus came to the realization that she likely escaped back into the districts or somewhere else.

He is furious, and so confounded that she would dare do that to him after offering her his hand in marriage. In his eyes, Coriolanus gave her everything and as a part of his contract she was complied to say yes.

Now he has a runaway bride that he will do anything to find. Pearl is supposed to be his treasure, locked away with him forever. After all this time, she managed to escape to the districts with the worst timing.

The Hunger Games without its Head Gamemaker. How pathetic.

Coriolanus was still shocked that Pearl managed to overpower him in the first place. She is strong, but to him she's usually no match. That's why she was never able to leave the Capitol before.

He was now speaking with Cassandra, who is supposed to oversee Pearl.

"Don't you think it's rather dramatic to be sending almost all of our men after her? You'll never find her; she could be anywhere."

Coriolanus felt his face go slightly red as he glared at Casandra and scoffed. "Dont tell me what to do when it concerns my fiancee."

"Fiancee? Sir, I didn't know-"

"We were supposed to be married today. I've postponed the wedding until I find her."

"You must really love her."

"I do. Pearl is mine and she'll return if she knows what is best for her."

The games have already started. The tributes are in the arena, and Coriolanus has his eye on one particular boy. Asher Hatchet, the brother of his biggest burden, Apollo.

Apollo was keeping Pearl from him. Coriolanus knows that they both took a liking to each other, and knew that Pearl still thought of him when she mentioned his name in her sleep.

His hope is that Asher will be eliminated in these games, just to remind her that there is no other option besides him. Besides, Asher looks just like his brother.