23|unforgiveable wound

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, Coriolanus was on his feet. His eyes locked with James. Pearl believed that James had good intentions when he lead her to her trident. She really believed in him.

Pearl thought James was genuinely trying to help her. She could tell how fearful he was as Coriolanus approached.

"Take him to the most extreme torture chamber. Now," Coriolanus ordered.

"But sir-"

"Take him before I put you in there too."

"Yes sir."

The soliders grabbed onto James as he cried and pleaded. He apologized and begged for Coriolanus to forget his actions, but Coriolanus was ready to kill James himself.

Pearl wished she was strong enough to speak. She would tell Coriolanus not to kill him, or at least not to get rid of him in such a painful way.

She knew the pain of loosing a family member. Marie and her mother's death left a permanent gash in her, way bigger than any bullet wound. Pearl imagined James's family finding out he was tortured to death.

Her vision was really fading now. She felt strong arms wrap around her body and a tear fell onto her face. Did it belong to Coriolanus? That seemed impossible since he never cried or showed any weakness.

Then everything was dark.

CORIOLANUS DIDN'T TAKE HIS EYES OFF PEARL. She was strapped against a slate of metal. She looked so peaceful asleep.

Her face was relaxed, and he usually didn't see this side of her. Every inch of her face was perfection, and Coriolanus wanted all of it. He wanted her to be with him forever.

Of course he used the best medication the Capitol had. Pearl had been shot, but he was able to speed through her recovery.

James. He was the soldier who shot her. He lead her to her own fate, giving her the trident and then shooting her for it.

Coriolanus was in disbelief that Pearl tried to kill him, but he also wasn't entirely shocked. She seemed like she was settling in, but Pearl had always been a fighter till the very end.

Then he saw her eyelashes flickering. She was waking up. It was going to be the moment Coriolanus has dreamed of.

Her eyes opened, he was sucked into to an ocean of green. Coriolanus found it very easy to get lost in Pearl's eyes. They were so beautiful along with her other features.

She looked around sleepily. Pearl looked so weak, even though her guard has always been up since the arena.

"Where am I?"

Coriolanus bit back a smirk.

She looked him in the eyes. "Coryo."

"Yes, my rose?"

Pearl grabbed the collar of his shirt and kissed him. Coriolanus felt butterflies all over. Pearl made him loose his mind over and over again.

The door to the laboratory creaked open, and Coriolanus fumed with anger. Of course his perfect moment was ruined.

"Coriolanus?"