20|all yours

Mulai dari awal

"I was having a nightmare," Pearl lied.

It was the opposite of a nightmare. It was a dream. Pearl imagined being able to escape the games with Apollo, or even Opal. And she would be able to return to her family...

"It was about him dying."

Coriolanus's breathing got lighter, but his expression didn't change. "You didn't seem very scared. You seemed to be pleased."

"I was not!"

He lifted up her chin with his hands. "Wake up, Pearl. Apollo is dead."

The image of his body falling rushed into Pearl's mind. "Believe me, I know that."

"Then accept your future. It's not with Apollo, it's with me."

Pearl didn't know where to look. She didn't know what to say. In fact, Pearl didn't know what she wanted at all.

She knew what Coriolanus was saying was true. Pearl signed a contract, and now she had to face the consequences. Pearl wasn't certain of his intentions with her. Did he want to torture her or did he want to love her? Or both?

"Ok," she breathed.

"Ok?"

Pearl smirked. "I'm all yours then."

Coriolanus's expression changed drastically. Pearl found it amusing to see him being vulnerable. Making the cruel president of Panem flustered made her feel powerful.

"It's about time you realized that, my rose," Coriolanus whispered.

Pearl sunk into his kiss. It wasn't her fault that her body craved his touch. If only... If only Coriolanus wasn't a monster. Then maybe she would really feel for him.

If only Marie and her mother were here...

Her relationship with Coriolanus was something more. It wasn't victor-president anymore. They shared one kiss in the President Palace, and it only escalated from there.

He had no problem pushing himself onto her and kissing her until she couldn't breathe anymore. Pearl didn't even realize how invested he was.

Coriolanus paused, leaving Pearl breathless. In one flustered motion, Pearl asked, "Can we go back to sleep?"

Coriolanus smirked. "After that?"

"After that."

Pearl's heart was beating fast. She didn't know what was happening to her. Her eyes closed, but she couldn't fall asleep for a while. The image of Coriolanus kept popping back into her mind, and her cheeks heated every time she remembered she was practically in his arms.

In the morning, Pearl woke up first. She had forgotten where she was and almost threw a fit when she turned over to see Coriolanus. She couldn't be with the evil dictator of Panem, but here she was.

But he looked so peaceful while he was sleeping. Coriolanus was gently breathing in and out, and he looked perfect. Pearl was against his bare skin. If you had never met Coriolanus, you would likely think of him as a fallen angel.