Saying goodbye

Dean Winchester threw his bag in the back of his dads black '67 Chevy impala and looked back at the house. The house was a light blue, two story house with three bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a tv room and a dining room. Dean lived with his brother and dad in Kansas, but they decided to move cause Kansas just held so many memories. Good and bad.

When dean was 4 there was a fire in his house. Dean had carried Sam out and waited on the front lawn. His mom hadn't made it out. Ever since that day, john had vowed to keep his boys safe and out of harms way. So that's what john did. For the past 14 years, john had kept his boys safe. He would help them with their homework, he taught dean how to ride his first skateboard, he would read Sam bedtime stories before bed and then tuck them in. He also taught dean and Sam how to read and write something's before they had gone to school. But when dean had turned 12, john had gotten a job. He was away most of the day, so dean had to take care of Sam himself. Now his boys where 14 and 17 years old.

But one year when dean was 16, john couldn't take it any longer. He started getting depressed, crying every night, calling out for Mary. He even started drinking.then One day, john decided that they where going to move. Far away from this house, far away from Kansas. So they moved to Illinois. Found a nice two story house on the beach and they bought it. So dean had to tell his friends he was leaving. He didn't have many, but the friends he did have, they where like his second family. Especially Jo. dean and Jo where best friends since they could, well talk. As they got older, they spent more time with each other. They played at the park together, they drew together, played with deans cars and army men, had a secret fort that they would hide from their parents in and the list goes on. But the thing was, dean hadn't seen Jo since they where 10. Jo and her mom, Ellen, had to move because where they lived was getting to expensive. So they moved to Illinois. But dean had forgotten about Jo for a while. Bit once and a while he would open his photo album and look through all the pictures of them when they where young. dean had other friends to. Like Benny, Kevin, Garth, Becky and chuck. But it wasn't the same.

Just then, dean was pulled out of his thoughts when dean heard the car horn. He looked around his room one last time, before slinking down the stairs and reluctantly placing himself beside Sam in the back of the car. Dean looked over at Sam and he could tell Sam was feeling the same way. Not wanting to move.

"Got everything you two?" John asked and both dean and Sam nodded.

"Good, Then let's go!" John said as they backed out of the driveway. It was 6:38 in the morning and dean was still tired. It takes 12 hours to get to Illinois from Kansas so dean was prepared for his long trip. He had his laptop, his phone, his iPod, his books, his drawing pad and his pillow. Dean plugged in his music, put his ear phones on and rested his pillow against the window. He put his head down, and fell asleep, listening to 'stairway to heaven' by led zeppelin.

*~~*

Dean was woken up by Sam shaking him. Dean looked at his brother "what?" "Dad told me to wake you up. He's gettin some food." Dean stomach grumbled and he smiled at Sam.

"Where's dad?" he asked groggily, clearly not having processed what his brother had just said 

"Getting some snacks in the gas station ."they where silent before dean turned back to his brother.

"You get any sleep?"

"Yeah, about 2 hours. But mostly I was reading" dean chuckled

"of corse you where."

"Hey!" Sam said, hitting dean leg lightly. Dean laughed. Sam joined n and the two boys where laughing like idiots.

John came out of the gas station to see his boys laughing with each other. He smiled. This was the first time he had seen deans smile since he had broke the news that they where moving.

Sam turned around just to be met with dean pillow. He looked at his brother and smiled mischievously. "Oh your on!" Sam yelled and chucked his pillow at dean. It ended up turning out to be a giant pillow fight. Sam saw their dad coming back to the car and yelped.

"Dean!! Dad!" He said pointing out the window behind deans head. Dean whipped around and saw their dad so he looked at Sam

"This never happened.ok?" Sam nodded and grabbed his book. Dean grabbed his computer and turned it on. As dean was waiting for his computer to start working, he looked out the foggy car window. It wasn't very nice out that day. It was cloudy and cold. With a slight drizzle of rain. But the car was cozy. Dean had his blanket over his legs and his big fuzzy sweater. Dean had refused to get out of his pajamas in the morning so he was still wearing them. John got in the car and turned around to look at his kids.

"Who wants some music?" Deans head snapped over to look at his father. With wide eyes

"Are you serious?!" John nodded

"yep" a smile spread across deans face like a wild fire. Sam looked over at his brother and his shoulders slumped.

"Oh great" he muttered. John put a cassette tape and pressed play. 'Pour some sugar on me' by def leppard. Dean was grinning like a mad man. He waited and then stared yelling along with the music

Some time, any time, sugar me sweet, little miss ah innocent sugar me yeah!

Pour some sugar on me! Pour some sugar on me!

Listen- red light yellow light green-a-light go. Crazy little woman in a one man show.

Mirror queen, mannequin, rhythm of a love, sweet dream, saccharin loosen up! (Loosen up!).

You gotta squeeze a little, squeeze a little, tease a little more, easy operator come a knockin' on my door.

Sometimes, anytime, sugar me sweet, little miss ah innocent sugar me, yeah!

Pour some sugar on me!

Oh in the name of love

Pour some sugar on me!

Come on fire it up!

Pour some sugar on me!

Oh I can't get enough!

After the song was finished dean looked at his brother with wide eyes.

"So what did ya think Sammy?" Sam looked at him like he had four eyes.

"Well, let's just say my eardrums are probly bleeding so yeah." Dean glared at him.

"thanks Sammy. Love the enthusiasm." Sam laughed at dean and he smiled.

The rest of the car ride was filled with a lot of singing, snores, some bickering but most of all, laughter.

*~~*

The Winchesters got to their new home at around 6:27 pm. The moving truck had gotten there a half and hour before them so they could get all the furniture in the house and the Winchesters could start unpacking. The house they choose was nice. Almost the same layout as their last house. 3 bedrooms,3 bathrooms, a living room, kitchen, dining room and a spare room upstairs. He had the room at the far end of the hall, Sam had the room just a ways down from his and their dad got the master bedroom.

Dean was setting up his bedroom when his brother came in, with two plates, two pieces of pizza each.

"Here. Dad thought you might be hungry." Dean took the plate from Sam and dug in.