Chapter 411 - 420

Beginne am Anfang

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only

The Su Wen of the past listened to Su Xuefang, her two uncles and aunts, and her grandparents because she had suffered one too many times at their hands, nursing horrendous injuries for the abuse leveled against her.

Su Xuewen used to spend all year away from home, working to support the family and left his children in the care of his sister, who would exercise corporal punishment if they disobeyed her.

Afterward, she would be forced to kneel on a washboard for hours, made to reflect on the crime of disobedience.

It was torture.

In summer, kneeling on those ribbed boards was not so bad, but winter was another kettle of fish altogether. Those days would leave the body’s original owner bedridden for a month. After years of such treatment, it was no wonder the Su Wen of that time had been cowed into submission. Anything was better than the beatings and forced penance she was made to pay, kneeling atop the washboard if she dared to complain..

Chapter 412: Untitled

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

When the sisters saw their eldest sister was about to suffer a loss, their fear faded into the background, and they rushed to stand in front of Su Wen. Even more amazing was that Su Xue whipped out a kitchen knife from who Imows where and raised it threateningly.

Neither Su Xuewu nor Su Xueqiang took advantage of the opening presented by Ma Xiulan to engage Su Wen or sisters.

What if they were the unlucky ones to meet the edge of Su Xue’s knife?

Despite the tense stand-off, Su Wen was not nervous. She was in such a good mood that she even sat down to observe how Su Xue handled herself and the kitchen knife she had brandished. Su Wen was almost… serene.

This time, her Fourth Sister, Su Xue, out of all the others, had shown herself to be the most courageous.

“Stop! Stop!” Third Grandma shouted angrily, “Stop acting like brigands and lawless barbarians! Su Wen, are you trying to rebel?”

“No, I am not; I just want justice to be served.” As Su Wen spoke, she revealed an enigmatic smile. Bending slightly, she pulled out a slightly smaller kitchen knife she had hidden in her clothes and laid it across her lap. It was so great of a shock that no one knew what to say!

This, this… Had she foreseen this altercation and come prepared?

“Big Sister, you…”

“If I had known earlier, I would have done the same as Big Sister.”

“When did you find the time to squirrel one away?” Su Xue gasped. She had brought the kitchen knife along because she did not want to be beaten again; she had had enough. Not wanting to endure the unjust abuse of her elders, Su Xue brought the knife along, ready to use it to defend the land her Big Sister had gone to so much trouble to obtain. She would not allow her family to be looked down upon by these sharks parading in human flesh.

If they accepted the wrongs done unto them now, they would continue to be bullied forever.

Indeed, Su Xue’s sudden outflowing of courage was spurred by Su Wen’s actions the previous night. Unbeknownst to all, she had seen her Big Sister start the fire which Tian Gang and Tian Yong had leaped into. She also saw it when her eldest sister stamped down on Tian Yong. Something had sparked in her then, a sense of enlightenment washing over her.

Su Xue finally understood how Fifth Sister had changed so abruptly, despite having only spoken a few words to Su Wen when she returned – it was almost as if Fifth Sister had become a different person! She read non-stop, uncaring about anything else but her studies. She even persuaded their homeroom teacher to file the necessary forms for her to take the college entrance exams to become a university student.