03. A disaster

Começar do início

"I forgot that some teenagers do sports." Avery hummed to herself, putting away her phone to get back to work.

She noticed that Vickie was finally returning to work, but the other manager for the night seemed to be giving her not too much of a big load and giving that load to other employees. Avery took a note of that mentally to mention to the big boss before her shift would end. She felt terrible for the ones who got the extra loads but was glad that nothing was put on her after taking up a lot of Vickie's work while she was gone.

After a while, Avery saw Matt and Tyler walk in, looking sweaty and gross. Avery decided to tease the two as she approached them while she had enough time to.

"Hey, I've been getting complaints about a rank smell. You wouldn't seem to know where it is, right? Customers are saying it smells like two smelly jocks that just got back from football practice." Avery smirked, sliding in to sit with the two boys.

"Shut up, we don't smell that bad." Tyler scoffed, lightly shoving the oldest Gilbert.

Avery chuckled and leaned her elbows on the table. "I'm kidding. You guys do smell, though. Anyways, how was practice? Was it grueling? Did Tanner give you smelly kids a tough time?"

"You wouldn't believe it. He put the new kid, Stefan, in to join the practice, and in the end, Stefan was accepted into the team!" Tyler complained while Matt just nodded along.

"Well, was he good?" Avery inquired.

"Oh, yeah. He got Tyler to land on his ass a LOT." Matt smirked.

"Hah! That's why you're pissy." Avery laughed.

"I'm not pissy about it! I think we shouldn't be allowing newbies in halfway through the season. Even if they're good." Tyler scoffed.

"Well, I'll be honest, Tyler. The team sucks. I don't know if Tanner doesn't understand how to coach or if the team isn't...teamly." Avery shrugged.

"The team is fine! We're like a family! It's Tanner who doesn't know what he's doing!" Tyler scoffed.

"Really? You gave Sam a wedgy the other day." Matt pointed out.

"Oooooooo. You just got called out, Tyler boy. It seems the football team has a bully in their midst." Avery smirked.

"I'm not a bully! Am I?" Tyler scoffed.

"Yes. Yes, you are, Tyler." Matt sighed.

"Well then.... You just got called out a second time. And I have to get back to work—also, Matt. Please ask your sister to stop asking the other manager to give her less work. My employees are being worked like dogs. Thank you!" Avery gave her goodbyes to the boys before returning to her work.

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

When it hit 9 o'clock, Avery was finally let off because another manager stepped in to help them. The big boss lets Avery off after seeing how much she has worked to make up for her time off. He gave her the time off for telling him about the other manager giving Vickie that time off when he wasn't supposed to. She left just before Jeremy and Tyler had their fight, so she wasn't there to scold her little brother.

When Avery got home, she found Elena having a dinner party with Bonnie, Stefan, Caroline, and some random dude.

"Avery. You're home early. Did you get let off work for once?" Elena questioned, standing up.

"Yeah. What's going on here? And who's the random guy?" Avery pointed at the dude, giving her a creepy look.

"I'm Damon. Stefan's older brother. You must be the famous older sibling everyone tells me so much about." Damon smiled, standing up when Caroline got up to hug Avery.