CHAPTER 4

𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 - 𝙈𝘼𝙏𝙐𝙍𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙉𝙏.

"Didi, can I ask you something?" Tara asked cautiously.

"Yes, Bhabi, say."

"Ji, unka naam kya hai?" (What is his name?).

"Whose name?" Meera asked in confusion.

"Ji, his name?"

Something struck in Meera's mind, then teasingly said, "Whose name, Bhabi? Say it clearly."

"You know, didi, about whom I am asking."

"No, Bhabi, I don't know," Meera once again teased Tara.

"Ji, mere Pati ka naam" ( My husband's name).

Saying this, Tara was blushing, her face turning as red as a tomato.

"Bhabi, you don't know bhaiya's name till now?" asked Meera.

Tara didn't say anything.

"Okay, sorry, no more of this teasing. Achaa, listen, your husband's name is 𝙋𝙍𝙄𝙏𝙃𝙑𝙄."

"You, Tara, and he is Prithvi," Meera said while combining their names.

"Bhabi, look at these, our childhood pictures," Meera showed an album to Tara containing family pictures.

"We are four brothers and two sisters; here in this picture, we're all together," said Meera.

While Tara was looking at something, she noticed and asked, "Didi, who is this?"

A flash of sadness crossed Meera's face.

"He is Jay Bhaiya, he was the loved one of all of us. If someone loved him the most, it was Prithvi Bhaiya, just like his own child. You know, Bhabi, Prithvi Bhaiya and Jay Bhaiya were identical twins. Both of them look same , but from birth, Jay Bhaiya couldn't walk, and Prithvi Bhaiya was his support. They are the elder among us," said Meera.

"So, where is Jay Bhaiya?" asked Tara.

"He is no more."

"I am sorry, I should have asked all this," Tara regretted unknowingly ruining Meera's mood.

"It's okay, Bhabi, it's not your fault. Let's forget all these things," said Meera, finally wiping away her tears.

"Tara, it's too late now; you should go and sleep. Tomorrow you have to wake up early," Kusum said while entering with a glass of milk.

"Soyenge toh tab Maa jab bhaiya sone denge bhabi ko," Meera said teasingly.

(She'll sleep only when Bhaiya allows her to sleep Maa.)

"Shut up, you dumbo! From very long time, you are teasing Tara," Kusum scolded Meera.

"Tara beta, take this glass and go to your room, okay," said Kusum.

Tara, while taking the glass of milk with her, went upstairs and came in front of the room with a huge curved wooden door. Pushing it slightly, she saw Prithvi, looking at some papers with immense concentration.

Quietly, she stepped inside not to disturb him. The room was huge, with a large-sized bed containing soft, plush pillows and large windows with a balcony. The breeze flowed inside the room, and the only oil lamp kept on the desk where Prithvi was working.

"What happened?" Tara got startled at Prithvi's sudden question.

"Ji, woh Maaji ne aapke liye doodh bheja hai."

( Mother-in-law sent milk for you.)

"Hmm, keep it here," said Prithvi.

Tara placed the glass on the desk. Unsure of what to do next, she stood in silence until Prithvi spoke again.